[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

If Haplo now feels obligated to update the Robots tab, then I will feel a little guilty about getting the whole things started :P

But thinking about it further, it could be really awesome if for example there were two columns, or the page was setup differently. Maybe if you had two columns, you could see the robot names going from one side to the other, one for charging and one for active? Or maybe, instead of names coming and going, keep all names on the list at all times, but a new marker or something could appear beside the robots that are charging or inactive, something like this?

I understand all of this is extra work, that might not even be worth it, but it is fun to think about what could be. :)

Haplo

I have a version in work that shows all robots. ;)
The robots in recharge stations will get a battery symbol in their column.
It just needs some more testing and tuning.

BTW: I've added a youtube showcase made by Soapie Plays to the start page.
It shows the most complete description of Miscellaneous I've seen yet ;D
You can watch it here

Canute

Haplo

How do you get the impression that Soapie is my GF? Just because I've added the video? ???
But I have to disappoint you: I have found the video on YT by accident and asked to link it in my mod. 8)
Btw: I do have a wife and she is not Soapie :P

wedekit

I'm so stoked that the repair feature is finally implemented! My bots have always had the knack for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

MrDKGaming

Canute

Did you check the nexus link from the first posting ?

Ruisuki

love the training dummies but wondering if its possible to forbid the use of certain weapons with its use? Or at least forbid certain colonists? If im not micromanaging whos using the dummies my minigunner will tear apart the walls before I can notice its been demolished

Canute

Minigun is harmless, some mod offer grenade launcher or such kind. :-)

But when you know about that issue, you just need to replace the dummy away from a wall. Or put a shield system before the wall.

Don231

Just had an anomaly, sent a convoy to it. Pawn spawned into a map with nothing interesting in it. Was just a normal map with nothing hidden. I've even turned off Draw fog to make sure nothing was hiding in the mountains. I think it is bugged because of a mod conflict. What are supposed to be in anomalies?

Haplo

Nope it is not bugged. Anomaly has a chance that it is a false alert :P
Hmm, maybe I should add that to the description or disable the chance..

edit:
UPDATE
Here are a few updated mods:
Misc. Incidents
- changed the chance to get a false alert to 0.001% :)
Misc. Objects
- Fixed a NullRef error in the descriptive text of micro turrets of the micro turret launcher
Misc. MapGenerator
- Added some new blueprints provided by Zymex. Thank you very much :)
Misc. Robots
- Changed the robot tab so that recharging robots are also shown (as long as they were started at least once!)

sidfu

hey haplo on the blueprints isn't there a way for u to have them use stuff instead of specific materials. cause if say a mod changes that material it can cause errors and failure to generate maps.

sajberhippien

How rare are the brainpals? I'm on my 4th year with the More Traders mod, have probably talked to close to twenty exotic traders (both trade ships friendly outlanders) yet haven't seen a single brainpal of either type. Am I just unlucky or are they that rare?

One of my early (though not starting) colonists, Omega, had an unlucky run-in with a boar during the first fall, and has been at 40% consciousness since. Not a huge deal, as long as I don't let her resume her beloved surgery career; she's happy to just mop the floor now and then. But now my primary constructor took a bullet to the brain and just isn't the same anymore.

Haplo

Quote from: sajberhippien on April 19, 2018, 11:26:26 AM
How rare are the brainpals? I'm on my 4th year with the More Traders mod, have probably talked to close to twenty exotic traders (both trade ships friendly outlanders) yet haven't seen a single brainpal of either type. Am I just unlucky or are they that rare?

One of my early (though not starting) colonists, Omega, had an unlucky run-in with a boar during the first fall, and has been at 40% consciousness since. Not a huge deal, as long as I don't let her resume her beloved surgery career; she's happy to just mop the floor now and then. But now my primary constructor took a bullet to the brain and just isn't the same anymore.

This is random. It is a bodypart but I'm currently not sure which trader these sells..
Unfortunately I'm currently unable to do any modifications, but as soon as I can I'll look into it. Sorry for that :(