Maximize gathering / hauling??

Started by arigon2001, July 26, 2014, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arigon2001

I continue to observe my colonists only pick up one batch of berries (which is 3-5 berries) and haul back while sometimes others will pick up over 30+ and bring it back. I then noticed that they are linked with the pile of berries or veggies they are hauling it off to. So pile "A" has 72 berries and a colonist only goes out to grab 3 berries to fill it up. Pile "B" has 54 berries in it so another colonist grabs 21 berries to fill it up.

Is there somewhere in the coding we can change it so that the colonists actually pick up as much as they can carry before bringing their haul back and create a new pile in the correct zone as needed?

BetaSpectre

draft them, pause, undraft, right click haul.

Annoying but it works. Colonists "fight" each other to pick items up. Also carrying to a hopper is more important than hauling more items
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

arigon2001

Quote from: BetaSpectre on July 26, 2014, 09:43:44 PM
draft them, pause, undraft, right click haul.

Annoying but it works. Colonists "fight" each other to pick items up. Also carrying to a hopper is more important than hauling more items

Pretty much what I do when I can, however I am hoping or wondering if there is a better way of telling their AI brains to pick up a lot more on their own  ;)  Cheers!

StorymasterQ

Machines can wield the power of Artificial Intelligence, but only humans can withstand the pressure of Genuine Stupidity. ~ StorymasterQ
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here