[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harpo99999

TLHeart

Enjoying your soda brewing mod with the vegetable garden. Great to have other drinks available, along with the thought defs you added.

One thing I have found useful is having two different food storage, one refrigerated, cost 50% more steel, and one without refrigeration to store the sodas. I do like the organization I can create with the food storage racks.

cuproPanda

Quote from: TLHeart on October 14, 2015, 04:24:28 PM
Enjoying your soda brewing mod with the vegetable garden. Great to have other drinks available, along with the thought defs you added.

One thing I have found useful is having two different food storage, one refrigerated, cost 50% more steel, and one without refrigeration to store the sodas. I do like the organization I can create with the food storage racks.
Thanks! That's one of the reasons I kept the soda rack unpowered after I figured out the issue with CCL.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

New mod: Powerless!

Adds torches, grill, grilled meals, wooden vent, stump chair, individual table, and a simple door.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Updated Powerless to v1.10:
Added turnip plant, turnip, turnip greens
Added simple crafting table
Added recipes for survivalists bow, shiv, and tribalwear
Added salad recipe
Made wood more woody (enhanced bark graphics)
Added log fence, log fence gate
Added hide bed

cuproPanda

Finally updated Zen Garden to what I feel can be v1.00:
Graphics redraw
Code cleanup
Added curved gravel
Added normal gravel
Sped up pawn movement when walking on gravel and paths

And Powerless! v1.11:
Rebalanced turnip rotting to prevent an exploit
Reduced turnip yield
Reduced commonality of POW tribalwear
Added keffiyeh
Added 2 longer lasting torch variants with scaled recipes
Torches can no longer be deconstructed
Grilled fine meals require cooking skill of 5
Fences HP halved and made more flammable to better balance raids
Added Wood-Burning Crematorium

cuproPanda

More updates before I start working again!

AJO v2.70:
Raised spectago minimum light level from 30% to 60%
Spectago can be grown in plant pots for decoration
Code cleanup
Changed resources category to manufactured
Added WritingSpeed stat
Added Paper, Blank Book, Unfinished Book, Written Book, Writing Table
Added recipes for book binding and writing

SODA v1.40:
Code cleanup
Added Well
Added bucket, fresh water bucket, bottled water
Most sodas now require fresh water instead of seltzer
Increased seltzer brewing time
Reduced soda mood effects from 5 to 4
Removed seltzer water cooking skill requirement
Reduced soda bottle hit points from 100 to 25, because bottle

and POW v1.12:
Fixed fence gate warning
Hide beds now show designation colors using pillows: green = colonist, blue = medical, etc.

It'll be a little while before I get any new updates, so feel free to give me some suggestions or thoughts so far!

okibum

I love your mods, but I noticed that when trying to make syrup for soda, my colonist will only use wild berries and not the berries that I farm (blue berries, cloud berries, strawberries). Is this intentional or am I missing something? Thanks

cuproPanda

Quote from: okibum on October 23, 2015, 01:43:44 PM
I love your mods, but I noticed that when trying to make syrup for soda, my colonist will only use wild berries and not the berries that I farm (blue berries, cloud berries, strawberries). Is this intentional or am I missing something? Thanks

Thanks!
I meant to fix that a while ago, it's fixed in v1.20 now. You'll have to download SODA v1.40 as well, since I recently changed the recipes to use fresh water instead of seltzer water. You can now make syrup using grapes, pineapple, blueberry, watermelon, cloudberry, and gooseberry.

TLHeart

Enjoy playing with your mods, but the change to no seltzer required for soda, feels wrong. no carbonation, no soda, just a fruit drink.

I do like the addition of the well, instead of the water just magically appearing from the steel.

The chain of  water to seltzer water, to sodas makes sense.

Have you considered adding a recipe for making medicine that includes the vanilla herbal medicine? A blend of cloth, aloe and herbal?

edit; I am not getting any options on the bills to make sodas from the gourmet garden fruits with the soda garden mod. any ideas why?

Also get a conflict between soda garden and additional joy sodas with spectago.

Loki88

Would it be possible to persuade you to stuffify the charcoal recipe in Powerless to use "woody" ingredients instead of just wood logs so that the bamboo from vegetable garden may also be used? Or if balance is an issue another recipe could be made that uses bamboo instead of wood so you have both options?<=Seems like a bigger pain in the arse though.

Edit: For that matter, could all wood things get stuffified? I seriously build "match stick" bases lately out of bamboo everything (even floors now thanks to Telkir being awesome!)

Edit 2: do the torches and grill push heat at all? Not to use them as heaters, but something that needs to be factored in to planning if it's a thing.

cuproPanda

Quote from: TLHeart on October 26, 2015, 12:19:29 AM
Enjoy playing with your mods, but the change to no seltzer required for soda, feels wrong. no carbonation, no soda, just a fruit drink.

I do like the addition of the well, instead of the water just magically appearing from the steel.

The chain of  water to seltzer water, to sodas makes sense.

Have you considered adding a recipe for making medicine that includes the vanilla herbal medicine? A blend of cloth, aloe and herbal?

edit; I am not getting any options on the bills to make sodas from the gourmet garden fruits with the soda garden mod. any ideas why?

Also get a conflict between soda garden and additional joy sodas with spectago.
Where do you think the carbonation comes from, though? From the brewery! The idea is that the water, syrup, and fruit are combined together and the resulting mixture gets carbonated.

I was thinking about a medicine recipe for RimPharma, but with the 2 or 3 other mod options that already exist I thought it better not to. I probably will make a recipe in a later update for something between the potency of herbal and standard, but I would want it to be something new. I like the idea of using cloth, and I was tinkering with making low-grade bandages a while ago before I was very experienced at modding, and hit a roadblock.

Gourmet Garden is not currently a supported addition for Soda Garden, but I'll look into adding support. What issue are you having with Soda Garden and AJS spectago? I didn't run into any issues, myself.

Quote from: Loki88 on October 26, 2015, 01:25:45 AM
Would it be possible to persuade you to stuffify the charcoal recipe in Powerless to use "woody" ingredients instead of just wood logs so that the bamboo from vegetable garden may also be used? Or if balance is an issue another recipe could be made that uses bamboo instead of wood so you have both options?<=Seems like a bigger pain in the arse though.

Edit: For that matter, could all wood things get stuffified? I seriously build "match stick" bases lately out of bamboo everything (even floors now thanks to Telkir being awesome!)

Edit 2: do the torches and grill push heat at all? Not to use them as heaters, but something that needs to be factored in to planning if it's a thing.
The recipes should have been stuffed, since my current pack has a custom implementation of SC wood planks. I probably removed it from that recipe for balance reasons, but I'll add woody ingredients to it. I'm currently testing out a charcoal pit, which would allow a large conversion of wood into charcoal instead of the 3-to-9 system currently used.

It's an interesting issue of moving all recipes to using stuff, but I think it makes more sense keeping the objects as wood logs, since you can visually see the bark of the wood. For things like the vent, I probably should have just stuffed it.

I haven't tested the heat pushing to see if it is balanced yet, but currently the grill produces 0.1 heat per tick while working, and the torches push 2 heat per second, with a max temperature of 20 (campfire pushes 21 and maxes at 28). I'll need to balance these later, but they won't ever be usable as heat sources. Just don't go putting 16 torches in a bedroom and expect a cozy colonist   :D

The picture of charred bamboo reminds me, I did have the idea of making a yakisugi (charred wood) stuff for building purposes. Imagine black wood with a very low flammability. Odd since I'm using charred wood as fuel for torches, which IRL wouldn't burn very well at all. Some shortcuts must be made for a game, though, otherwise it becomes too tedious.

cuproPanda

New Mod: Assassin Dagger
Adds a very slow but very deadly dagger. Useful for assassinating sleeping or unconscious targets.

Updated Powerless! to v1.20:
Torches give 5 beauty
Keffiyeh now insulates from cold by -4
Rebalanced turnip rotting
Added 10-day campfire
Added Charcoal Pit
Increased charcoal chunk stack size to 75
Torches heat push changed from 2 to 4
Added Yakisugi wood, yakisugi flooring
Increased cost of wooden vent from 10 to 20
Stuffed vent - uses Woody materials
Vent is now flammable, because wood
Made patch for VG bamboo charcoal

Response updates:
I still can't find any conflict between Soda Garden, Gourmet Garden, and AJS. I did, however, notice the Soda Garden .zip had a folder inside a folder, and fixed that. I suspect that was the issue.

It seems recipes can't be stuffed because of a few conflicts in how the game handles recipes. I stuffed the vent and made a patch for a few recipes.

Ouan

I can not wait to try out the dagger. Can it be used by my cannibal colonists to harvest the visitors without animus is they are not detected in their attack? I am all for killing my food in its sleep.
Damn Pirates!