Maybe android version?

Started by Deadmanas, November 14, 2013, 05:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadmanas

I can't use my pc a lot, but i really like this game, and i would like to see android version to play more:) I'm sure a lot of people would like to see android version

Galileus

I don't think full game would translate well for handhelds. It's going to get only bigger, more CPU-draining and memory-needing. Not to mention the complications of testing.

Wopian

Quote from: Galileus on November 14, 2013, 05:32:45 PM
I don't think full game would translate well for handhelds. It's going to get only bigger, more CPU-draining and memory-needing. Not to mention the complications of testing.

The gane is unoptimised. It will run way smoother on launch.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Galileus

Yeah, I'm not talking about optimization. If will be more draining on release optimization aside. And I would rather have Tynan thinking about PC specs when he decides about the new features and modules :)

SimpletonSnowman

i doubt the pathfinding and ai would perform too well on even a high end chip like a snapdragon s4 pro

Tynan

I think it's potentially feasibly on mobile devices, but these are nowhere near our current stage of development. Think about a port in a year or three, maybe.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Goldberger

The rate of smartphones getting faster and faster i read somewhere that so called "experts" told that in 2-3 years the smartphones are as fast as the new ps4 and xbox. But i would rather play these types of games on pc. But you never know if you can use bluetooth mouse and wlan for sending the picture to tv etc so it could be not a bad playing platform :D

murlocdummy

Quote from: Tynan on November 14, 2013, 07:46:41 PM
I think it's potentially feasibly on mobile devices, but these are nowhere near our current stage of development. Think about a port in a year or three, maybe.

It's too bad that I can't buy stock in Ludeon Studios.  I'd SO want to ex prod that project.

linkxsc

Sadly this game will probably fall into the same pitfall that its predecessors (namely DF) fall to, in that as the devs try to make the game better content wise, after a point it just becomes dramatically draining on the players machine to run. Not saying it isn't/won't be a great game, but when it comes to indepth simulations, they are always quite hardware intensive.

(though i severely hope not and wish well upon the devs for conquering the beast of complexity, and retroactive the DF guys learn from it too. Love this style game, and IMO there should be more of them out there)

edit. after reading more about the game.

Well theres no Zlevels like there are in DF, so that fractures the complexity of it down a lot. SO a phone version shouldn't actually be unreasonable. Also the low maximum number of units you're able to have and limited playspace. (15 dudes is a lot less demanding then cities housing hundreds)