Storing old clothes

Started by Fusha, August 07, 2016, 02:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusha

Is there a point in hauling and storing every piece of tattered clothing from raiders, or are they just a waste of space? Is there any way of turning clothes back into textiles?

Naeem

You cannot turn clothes into textiles. Old clothing from raiders should be kept in a separate room with a beacon so when bulk goods traders and exotic traders come you can sell all that old garbage to them!

Fusha

Pax_Empyrean

Note that there are mods that change this. There is one that allows you to reclaim a portion of textiles in an item based on the durability it has left and the skill of the tailor. Another allows items to be repaired.

Naeem

Quote from: Pax_Empyrean on August 07, 2016, 06:02:50 AM
Note that there are mods that change this. There is one that allows you to reclaim a portion of textiles in an item based on the durability it has left and the skill of the tailor. Another allows items to be repaired.
Pax post the mod here please for others to see.

SpaceDorf

The Problem is, there are at least three that I know of ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Shurp

I generally just bury victims in their clothes unless I'm desperate for parkas.  Once I research electric cremation I burn them all, except for the ones in good shape that are wearable.   I'm running an interstellar suicide cult, not a thrift shop!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

cultist

Synthread and Devilstrand clothing are usually worth scavening if the quality and HP is decent. For basic cloth and leather clothes, don't bother unless your colonists need warm/cool clothes or you have an excess of haulers. The time spent dragging the stuff to your base is usually not worth the price you get.

keylocke

er.. i usually have a freezer/stockpile/trade beacon room (around -9 celsius) to haul all the corpses in.

once the corpses are there, i strip them of clothes and keep the dogs there.
the dogs eat the corpses, while the clothes i don't want/need gets sold to traders.

just haul once, no more need to make/use an incinerator, it keeps my dogs well feed, and i get a few extra silver while getting rid of clutter.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: keylocke on August 07, 2016, 09:48:00 AM
er.. i usually have a freezer/stockpile/trade beacon room (around -9 celsius) to haul all the corpses in.

once the corpses are there, i strip them of clothes and keep the dogs there.
the dogs eat the corpses, while the clothes i don't want/need gets sold to traders.

just haul once, no more need to make/use an incinerator, it keeps my dogs well feed, and i get a few extra silver while getting rid of clutter.

ditto :)
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.