Beer now worthless?

Started by Shurp, September 12, 2016, 09:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

Well, tribals don't stand much of a chance against mechanoids or charged plasma cannons.  It's only natural to want to climb the tech tree.

Maybe if tribals had a recruitment advantage to replace losses -- something like the "wanderer joins" event only with 6 at a time.  And a bonus to food production and animal management since they're native to the planet.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Domkrat282

What about adding cellar floor tile requring a lot of work to make and acting like a passive cooler acting now? And maybe like a passive heater too - in our lands (boreal forests) people often use special cellars as a "passive heaters" for winter to protect, for example, potatoes from freezing. Or it tiles may act as rooms inside mountain acting now - balancing temperature/ For balance this cellar tiles can be very ugly and cause cabin fever very fast.
Sorry for my broken English.

RandomGirl

I usually just have my colonists make wine. Not so much because I need it for mood, but more because they like to sit around and just have a glass or bottle of something now and then while they sit on their recliners watching tv after a long day expanding the colony towards the edges of the map. :) Plus it feels fancier!

TekDragon

Reading this thread makes me feel bad about using smokeweed. I set everyone to a policy of using it up to once a day if their mood falls below 40. I find it's great for preventing major breaks and makes minor breaks far less frequent. How come you say it makes your colonists "useless"? Mine seem to work just fine.

Serenity

It lowers movement and some other stats. I use it manually in extreme cases because I don't want people to be stoned all the time.

sadpickle

Quote from: TekDragon on September 19, 2016, 05:53:10 PM
Reading this thread makes me feel bad about using smokeweed. I set everyone to a policy of using it up to once a day if their mood falls below 40. I find it's great for preventing major breaks and makes minor breaks far less frequent. How come you say it makes your colonists "useless"? Mine seem to work just fine.
Increases hunger and tiredness, decreases movement (!) and consciousness (!!). It doesn't seem like much but it's absolute murder not only on work speed, but quality of work as well.

Serenity

Also not great when there is a raid and you rush everyone to the defense line. "Hey, why is she going so slow? Oh, damn, she's high"

And yeah, consciousness is the other bad one. It means they work slower even when sitting somewhere.

Boston

Quote from: Shurp on September 18, 2016, 11:54:00 PM
Well, tribals don't stand much of a chance against mechanoids or charged plasma cannons.  It's only natural to want to climb the tech tree.

Maybe if tribals had a recruitment advantage to replace losses -- something like the "wanderer joins" event only with 6 at a time.  And a bonus to food production and animal management since they're native to the planet.

If you are going to do the exact same thing (ie, use electricity, firearms, etc) that you would do as a spacer colony, then why include the option to play as tribals?

I really wish there was a way to remove or disable firearms and such from the game, for tribal playthroughs at least.

Blastoderm

It's spoiled by high temp, spoiled by low temp, long to make and few benefits.
Unless you have lots of pawns and lots of land to make it and store it in perfect conditions may be of some use.
But otherwise it's totally worthless investment of time and effort.

Shurp

The double punch of consciousness *and* movement is what is brutal with smoke weed.  Consciousness already reduces movement, so adding movement lowers speed over 50%. I don't know if this is intentional.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.