[1.5] HugsLib (11.0.3) Lightweight modding library

Started by UnlimitedHugs, December 15, 2016, 02:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lllMWNlll

https://gist.github.com/0d7bfa4a57a09d2ed5529419c1db15cf

Hey, i get some XML errors from [SD] mods, i have copy them right there.
I'm not using A15 mods anymore, i hope the report comes in English.

Those XML errors only happens after i put SD mods. Hope you can fix it.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lllMWNlll on January 01, 2017, 02:42:01 PM
https://gist.github.com/0d7bfa4a57a09d2ed5529419c1db15cf

Thank you, that is much easier to read.
Search for the file TraderKinds_Orbital_Misc.xml - the mod that adds it is causing the issue. I can't fix someone else's mod, of course, but you could show that log to that mod's author.

Quote from: Wishmaster on January 01, 2017, 02:45:12 PM
Is there a way to dynamically hide/show some options ? My mod has many options and I would like to have a "show more options" button.

Props to you for being considerate and not overflowing the menu :)
You could use SettingHandle.CustomDrawer to make buttons that expand categories.
Set SettingHandle.VisibilityPredicate on the settings you wish to hide- returning false in that delegate will prevent that setting from being drawn.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

System.Linq

Hugs, it seems like UpdateFeatureDef is throwing an error when given an assemblyVersion with four parts, despite the error message saying "between 2 and 4." 17.1.1 works, but not 17.1.1.3. And if I set it to 17.1.1, it won't actually show it if the version is 17.1.1.3.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Psychology on January 01, 2017, 04:57:15 PM
Hugs, it seems like UpdateFeatureDef is throwing an error when given an assemblyVersion with four parts, despite the error message saying "between 2 and 4." 17.1.1 works, but not 17.1.1.3. And if I set it to 17.1.1, it won't actually show it if the version is 17.1.1.3.

Must be a typo, it should be "between 2 and 3". I chose to discard the build number portion of the version to make things a bit clearer for the player.
Not saying it's the right way to do version numbering, but that's how the system is set up at the moment.
Also, it's a good idea to only highlight major additions to a mod using the news system. I'll write more on this once I get around to making that wiki page.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

System.Linq

But the modder chooses what versions to display news for. It doesn't tell the player on every update. My numbering system is based on how many times that day I've updated. 17.1.1.3 could be a far more important update than 17.1.2. I should get to decide what numbers are important.

UnlimitedHugs

System.Linq

It's a dumb choice. I see no sound logic behind it and it makes that feature unusable for me. If you're making a modding library, shouldn't you put a little thought into it besides "I chose to do it this way, deal with it"?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Psychology on January 02, 2017, 05:04:34 AM
It's a dumb choice.

Right, let's go be demanding and criticize the the guy's work, that'll get him to cooperate.
Now excuse me, I have a half-written wiki page to go throw out.

System.Linq

I really don't understand your reasoning, you seem like you're being really petty. You're making a modder's resource, and yet you won't budge on things that would give modders more options when using it. Now you're going to bin something that would help other modders (and notably not me, because I obviously figured out how to use it already since I'm running into this problem) in response to criticism?

Your response to feature requests shouldn't be to pick up your ball and go home. That's childish. I'm not being demanding, you are making a library to serve modders. I'm a modder. I'd like to use your library a way that's not currently allowed but I see no reason why it shouldn't be. What are you going to do now, take it down entirely?

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.2.3

I've added two minor things to setting handles- a callback for when a handle value changes and a field you can set to expand the row height of the setting when using CustomDrawer.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.3.0

I've added a brand new system that allows to inject code into any window in the game. And yes, it also uses attributes :)
I have done some internal reworking of the detouring system, so please let me know if everything is still working as expected for you (it should). I'll push the Steam update later if all is well.

Here are the new docs: GUI injection

UnlimitedHugs

@Psychology
I feel like I could have handled that situation better, so let me reword my response to you.

I will no stand for disrespect and attitudes of entitlement.

My work here is an act of service, but it is a service I choose to render on my own terms and at my own discretion.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Psychology; given that semantic versioning is more or less a standard practice, it makes sense to base a versioning tool on it.