[1.3] Miscellaneous w MAI+Robots

Started by Haplo, May 16, 2014, 05:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haplo

Full Update to Alpha 15c
Finally it is here: The full update of Miscellaneous to alpha 15c.

Warning: Some parts will destroy your savegame if you use them with alpha 15a or 15b !!!
So only use this with alpha 15c or newer !!!

AstroChimp

Is save file 0.15.1284 A15c? If so, is it safe to use MAI and the robots with an old save?
Cat beards should be a thing.

theubie

Quote from: AstroChimp on September 03, 2016, 08:01:55 PM
Is save file 0.15.1284 A15c? If so, is it safe to use MAI and the robots with an old save?

To answer the first part, yes 1284 is 15c.  The second...no clue. :)

Haplo

Quote from: AstroChimp on September 03, 2016, 08:01:55 PM

Don't know. But most likely yes. But just try it out. What can be the worst case?  ;)

SpaceDorf

You go haplo ;)

I know I prefer my mods seperated like you do it with yours, still It would be awesome if you could include the download option for "YES. ALL OF IT ! "
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AstroChimp

So yeah... MAI and Robots are old save friendly, as long as your save file is from 15c. :D
Cat beards should be a thing.

JackHack

Having some issues with customized bots, they do their job and everything. But, when they return to the charging station they don't charge or reactivate on their own. I can immediately click activate and they go back out and do a full load of work again without needing to charge... the built in bots seem to work properly and display the battery etc.

I'm also seeing some harmless errors upon loading saying that all the bots already have short hashes. Not sure if its related.

14m1337

Hello Haplo,

look here, my hauling bots are reactivating the deadfall traps in my deathzone. I'm pretty sure this is not working as intended  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

CannibarRechter

Hum. Is trap reactivation considered a hauling task by the base game?
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

14m1337

Quote from: CannibarRechter on September 07, 2016, 10:01:47 AM
Hum. Is trap reactivation considered a hauling task by the base game?

don't know that. but I guess it has something to do with the hauling and cleaning bots being treated as colonists (they have mood, the make the other pawns get in bad mood when they die, the are getting attacked by and run away from manhunters etc.)
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.

Jimyoda

Yes, in vanilla, trap rearming is a hauling task. I just recently listed all hauling tasks on the wiki actually.

Haulers have their work cut out for them.

They will:
    • Carry materials, items, and corpses to stockpiles
    • Cremate corpses at the crematorium
    • Burn apparel and drugs at a campfire or crematorium
    • Open cryptosleep caskets and sarcophagi
    • Rearm traps
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

14m1337

tyvm Jimyoda !

by the way, I also noticed that the bots lose their programming after the return to their recharching bays. I have to restart them manually, and they don't remember the zone that I set them to the last time they were active.

JackHack

It looks like each time the bot comes out of the recharging bay that it spawns a new one rather than it being the same one. You can see this if you rename one of the bots going around. I would imagine this is why your zones aren't saving.

This causes some issues for me with a crafting bot that I made, if it crafts something that it doesn't finish on one charge then it gets put in a stockpile and will never get finished since it's a new bot and not the original creator of that item.

CannibarRechter

Hi, Haplo,

I couldn't find the .cs source for the robot AI in Misc+Robots. Would you mind making that available?

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects