The Valleymere Gathering

Started by EnricoDandolo, March 11, 2017, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnricoDandolo

Winter 2th 5500
In response to the Luxembourg Decree, a far-way town known only as Valleymere discusses a cource of action to deal with the city-state's decree.
Valleymere is also visted by the worried mayor of Togetherness Stream
Mayor Lorne, Councilman Alex, Councilwoman Emily, Councilman Eric, Mayor Gerador
*The tables are lined up in a pentagonal shape, each pointing inwards, one chair made of pure silver rests behind each, prompting everyone to stare at each other.*
*Silence fills the atmosphere until eventually Mayor Lorne speaks.*
"Gentlemen and Women, today I have called you to discuss a rather pressing matter in today's history."
"As we all know, Luxembourg has made a questionable statement on how it will treat all further vistors."
"Additionally they refuse to accept communications from us, which is why Mayor Gerador is here."
*Mayor Gerador looks nervous, his usually smug face driven into a state of dismay by the series of events.*
*Mayor Lorne beckons Gerador to speak*
"Hello, I am Mayor Gerador of Togetherness Stream." "I am the mayor of the town right next to the border of Luxembourg. We are aware of what has happened and we have managed to scout some information. However, I might be obliged to share that information if someone were to promise protection incase of a war."
*Gerador looks around the room, and everyone nods in agreement.*
"Its settled then, we're all in alliance?"
*Further Agreement is represented in the form of nods from the seminar pentagon.*
"Now, as we know my town is a half-way point between your profitable trade routes. We could alter the trade-route to take a path through the Hills, but this would double the time spent and half your profits. We simply cannot afford that."
*Lorne speaks up*
"There is a pirate outpost near the hills, any caravans sent there will be attacked, any caravans sent through the rain forest will also have to deal with the other pirate outpost. For all we know Luxembourg could be working with the pirate outposts, we'll just have to prepare for war."
*Although noone wants to say it, everyone silently agrees that war is inevitable. The small town of Luxembourg will be destroyed*.