[A14d] Wave Survival Mode (v. 1.0 - July 27)

Started by Justin C, February 27, 2015, 02:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin C

Quote from: Sheyka on June 18, 2015, 06:01:11 AM
hey justin
i'm waitin for your update to alpha11 for this mod. me and my friend love this mod sooooooo much <3
I was working on this last night, and I plan on putting a couple hours into it later tonight as well.

Sheyka

Quote from: Justin C on June 18, 2015, 09:00:29 PM
Quote from: Sheyka on June 18, 2015, 06:01:11 AM
hey justin
i'm waitin for your update to alpha11 for this mod. me and my friend love this mod sooooooo much <3
I was working on this last night, and I plan on putting a couple hours into it later tonight as well.

i cant wait till its ready <3
Sorry for bad english <3

nmid

this is going to be fun.
Going to try it in my 2nd play through next week! :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Justin C

Well, I've spent about 3 or 4 hours trying to find a solution to the game loading into a black screen when you save and load in-game, and I can't seem to fix it. So I'm just going to go ahead and call that a "feature" to help dissuade people from save-scumming and hope I can find a solution later.

r4ky

Ok thanks anyway for your work, i hope you will find a solution too. good luck

When it will be possible to download ?

Justin C

All right, there is a new release up on NexusMods. This version still has the reloading into a black screen issue. I will make another attempt at fixing it later.

I'm still working on this mod so there might be another update before Alpha 12.

nmid

Quote from: Justin C on June 19, 2015, 04:36:00 PM
Well, I've spent about 3 or 4 hours trying to find a solution to the game loading into a black screen when you save and load in-game, and I can't seem to fix it. So I'm just going to go ahead and call that a "feature" to help dissuade people from save-scumming and hope I can find a solution later.

lmao.
Will try this next weekend. :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Sheyka

thanks a lot justin. i was waitin all night long ... and now ... its online. thanks for your awesome work :)
Sorry for bad english <3

Cappy

Avis

Downloading now, looks like it'll be a lot of fun!  ;D
i'll post again when i've started playing with it.
I remember the days of giving prisoners peg legs, and then removing them to immobilize them.

alexandretrrr

Justin C

Quote from: Cappy on June 20, 2015, 10:48:59 AM
Do the wave raids have sappers?
Not right now. This is basically just a port of the old version to A11. Since people were asking for it I figured it would be best to get it to them quickly instead of making them wait a week or more while I add new features and tweak it to my liking. I plan on adding sappers, sieges, Wargs, psychotic animal waves, and an optional Zombie faction addon to the next release.

I'm not quite sure how I am going to implement it all. Since the goal of the mod is to survive as many waves as possible, I'd like to keep the difficulty for each wave fairly consistent across playthroughs. So I think it would be best to have the special more-difficult raids like sieges or sappers be slightly predictable, and happen once every certain number of raids. Maybe on every wave that is a multiple of 5 you know it will be a siege or sapper, or something along those lines. But I also think that making it less predictable could make it more interesting. I'll have to try it out a few different ways and see which I prefer.

I'd also like to make it so there is a chance that instead of spawning one big raiding party, it will split the threat points between two smaller raiding parties that hit at the same time (Tynan, if you are reading this, this would be awesome in the Vanilla game!).

If you have any ideas or requests now is the time to post them, while I'm still super-motivated to work on this mod.

Sheyka

it would be veeeery nice if the person who play the game can adjust the days between the waves :D
Sorry for bad english <3

Justin C

Quote from: Sheyka on June 23, 2015, 02:43:24 PM
it would be veeeery nice if the person who play the game can adjust the days between the waves :D
If there's an easy way to do that, I haven't found it. :P

Ninefinger

Quote from: Justin C on June 23, 2015, 06:03:31 PM
Quote from: Sheyka on June 23, 2015, 02:43:24 PM
If there's an easy way to do that, I haven't found it. :P

Would it be possible to make is so i can adjust the days before the first wave starts?