Multiple Researchers

Started by SilentP, September 13, 2016, 11:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentP

Is it advantageous to have more than one person researching?  I was thinking about building a room full of research stations to progress through the tech tree more rapidly.  Is this a good idea?

Zeneth

Definitely. Having multiple researched speeds up researching by a lot. I use it whenever I don't have people doing anything, there is always a free research bench for them to use.

sadpickle

Quote from: Zeneth on September 13, 2016, 11:29:29 PM
Definitely. Having multiple researched speeds up researching by a lot. I use it whenever I don't have people doing anything, there is always a free research bench for them to use.
In some 400~ hours of Rimworld I have never thought to build a second research bench. This is actually a thing?  :-[

mcgnarman

You technically have two by default. The simple and high tech.

14m1337

Quote from: mcgnarman on September 14, 2016, 01:15:17 AM
You technically have two by default. The simple and high tech.
I tend to deconstruct the simple one as soon as high tech is built. Usually I build 2-3 additional high tech ones, to use them just as Zeneth already described.
Quick_Silver - The One And Lonely
My posts may sometimes be filled with (sarcastic) humor - it's up to you to find it out on your own.
Usually drunk on Mondays from 21:00 to 03:00 CEST.

SURU

Never used more than 1. It's time to start i think ^_^
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

Serenity

Maybe useful at the beginning, but later on research comes extremely fast. I usually end up someone who does almost nothing but research

CannibarRechter

> Maybe useful at the beginning, but later on research comes extremely fast

I agree with this comment, and think that the cost of research in the end game should be increased such that the multiple research bench approach would be a requirement to achieve end-game technologies.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

BlackSmokeDMax

Try not only building multiple research benches, but multiple shifts as well. Really helps early when resources are a bit tighter. Obviously if you have a night owl with any research inclination, that would be a prime candidate, but really anyone can do the night shift with no problem.