Has Deep Drilling capability been removed from remote maps?

Started by Teleblaster18, August 02, 2019, 05:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teleblaster18

I have caravanned to a lump of Uranium Ore, where I've set up a temporary camp for the 10 days.

In the past, it was possible to build a Ground Penetrating Scanner on these remote maps, locate the underground deposits, build a few deep drills, and mine the deposits that showed up in green.   On this map, nothing displays when the Ground Penetrating Scanner is built.

Is this an anomaly, or do remote maps (non-main colony maps) no longer have underground deposits of ore to mine?

LWM

I have certainly noticed that there are no above-ground resources.  It would be reasonable to assume that - alas - there are also no below ground ones.

That's probably a quick mod to make if anyone is feeling adventurous ;)

--LWM

Pangaea

Quote from: Teleblaster18 on August 02, 2019, 05:06:29 PM
Is this an anomaly, or do remote maps (non-main colony maps) no longer have underground deposits of ore to mine?

Maybe I'm imagining this, but I seem to remember reading that quest maps and the like didn't have resources any more. Maybe that applies to underground too and not just surface mineral resources -- and maybe it applies to  remote maps too. If there is anything, you should certainly have found it within 10 days.

Shurp

Besides, if you're looking to set up deep mining operations... why not build a new colony on a regular map hex instead of using a temp hex?
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.