Lower adulthood age?

Started by Hydraphantom, February 12, 2017, 02:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydraphantom

It seems weird to me that the adulthood age in the game are 20, since most of the country in the world consider 16-18 as adult.
Is there any way to change the adulthood age?

b0rsuk

It's because in United States of America adulthood age is 21. A movie with a bloodbath is accepted, but a naked nipple causes moral panic.

Mikhail Reign

Yeah I would use 16 as 'adult' I reckon. I imagine in a Rimworld settling, adulthood would be when you were big enough to do stuff.

Tynan

It's actually because the "adulthood" backstories require some time to have occurred, and most of them can't reasonably have begun before age 16-18. So 18+2 years for the backstory to take place = 20, which is the age when an adulthood backstory is generated.

It has nothing to do with the "age of adulthood", it has to do with the "age when you've been an adult long enough to have a story about it".
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2017, 01:28:52 PMIt has nothing to do with the "age of adulthood", it has to do with the "age when you've been an adult long enough to have a story about it".
Makes sense!

You've put some thought into these things, I can tell...
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: Hans Lemurson on February 12, 2017, 01:58:30 PM
Quote from: Tynan on February 12, 2017, 01:28:52 PMIt has nothing to do with the "age of adulthood", it has to do with the "age when you've been an adult long enough to have a story about it".
Makes sense!