no traders?

Started by Lothar, November 06, 2013, 12:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothar

So i am currently in my 11th cycle and no more traders are coming. I want to say i havent got any since like the eight or ninth cycle, is any ones else having this problem?

ShadowDragon8685

Yeah. It's very frustrating. I'm pretty sure my colony will die a slow, painful death due to a lack of metal (and "recruits" off the slave ships), and I'm having to convert vast swathes of the mountain into massive armories to store all the freaking guns - to say nothing of the fields upon fields of the dead. Frankly, if you have to climb over an entire graveyard of the dead that came before you to attack someone... You'd probably just turn around and find something safer to do.
Raiders must die!

Lothar

Quote from: ShadowDragon8685 on November 06, 2013, 12:28:11 AM
Yeah. It's very frustrating. I'm pretty sure my colony will die a slow, painful death due to a lack of metal (and "recruits" off the slave ships), and I'm having to convert vast swathes of the mountain into massive armories to store all the freaking guns - to say nothing of the fields upon fields of the dead. Frankly, if you have to climb over an entire graveyard of the dead that came before you to attack someone... You'd probably just turn around and find something safer to do.

This guy here knows what im talking about, the guns are super annoying. I feel like i would be a millionaire if i could seel all these damn guns.

ShadowDragon8685

Hell, I wish I could just recycle the damn things for metal!

Or mount them in micro-turrets, heheheh.
Raiders must die!

Lothar

That's a really good idea, have something turn all your extra guns into metal. that would be awesome!

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: Lothar on November 06, 2013, 12:36:25 AMThat's a really good idea, have something turn all your extra guns into metal. that would be awesome!

It would at least be one way to reclaim metal. I wish you could reclaim metal slag, too.
Raiders must die!

Lochar

yeah the ships are funny, they showed up alot when didnt have much to trade and then go for awhile. I did luck out tho and slave trader finally showed, even after buying the 3 slaves he had, I still couldnt unload all my weapons tho as he ran out of cash.

Lothar

I think that is an eventual add into the game if the dev has time. I am glad to see im not the only one with this problem i hope one shows up at some point.

Pendryn

Yep, Warehouses filled with guns and no one to give them to. I mean, I'm sitting on a gold mine but no one wants my gold. Ah well.
Reticulating all the splines.

thestalkinghead

maybe there should be some kind of guaranteed trader every few days that buys and sells everything but at not great prices, and the rest of the traders would be luck

Tynan

There seems to be a bug where traders aren't announced every time. If you check the comms console once per day you'll find them (they stay 2 days).

I'm working on the bug...
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

thestalkinghead

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 02:33:45 AM
There seems to be a bug where traders aren't announced every time. If you check the comms console once per day you'll find them (they stay 2 days).

damn, i had been wondering if it was just that i wasn't being notified, but didn't check

Pendryn

Hahah, that is good to know.
Reticulating all the splines.

rh

On a related note, it would be nice if the arrival of traders had a sound effect. It happens quite often that I don't notice the letter notification then hear the sound indicating that they are leaving and become annoyed that I missed them.

Ultimately it would be great if all such events had distinct sound effects, but even a generic beep per letter would help noticing it if you're distracted by something else happening on the screen.

Bobthefarmer1

Quote from: Tynan on November 06, 2013, 02:33:45 AM

Hurrah! Now you might want to post that on the thread in bugs.