[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackarbiter

Quote from: Galvenox on May 01, 2016, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 01, 2016, 12:47:29 PM
Anyone who is having issues with the mod not loading, please follow the standard procedure on error reporting. In particular I need you to append your output_log.txt or else I won't be able to tell what's going on. Also note that I need the actual .txt file, simply making a screenshot of the error log is usually not enough.

here's my output_log.txt file. what happens is, I don't have reload and choose ammo options, and everyone besides my colonists has loadout generator stuff in their inventory.

As it states in your error log, you dont have ccl 2nd in order, you have it 3rd. Perhaps you loaded ccl vanilla tweaks first on accident?
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Galvenox

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 01, 2016, 01:10:13 PM
Quote from: Galvenox on May 01, 2016, 12:58:33 PM
Anyone who is having issues with the mod not loading, please follow the standard procedure on error reporting. In particular I need you to append your output_log.txt or else I won't be able to tell what's going on. Also note that I need the actual .txt file, simply making a screenshot of the error log is usually not enough.

here's my output_log.txt file. what happens is, I don't have reload and choose ammo options, and everyone besides my colonists has loadout generator stuff in their inventory.

Your load order is wrong, CCL needs to be loaded immediately after Core.

everything seems to work fine now, thank you so much! and all of you guys for quick replies. such little detail, could be solved easily if I was paying enough attention, sorry about that.

carpediembr

I'm not having issue with LOADING, but during the gameplay. I understand that this may not be caused by YOUR mod, but any chance you or someone else can help me out?

Issue: Vendors are not opening their interface. I send a colonist to trade either at a caravan or the comms table, they stand still for a brief moment and return to work. The trading interface does not open.

Mod Load:
1) Core
2) CCL
3) CR Core
4) RimFire 2.0
5) CCL Vanilla Tweaks
6) CPHaulage
7) Craftable Medicines
8) EPOE
9) HaulPriorityLite
10) Hospitality 1.11a
11) Industrialisation
12) Less Incident Trolling
13) M&CO Mining Helmets
14) Mad Skills - Tiered
15) Medical Training
16) Modular Tables
17) More Faction Spawns
18) More trade Ships
19) Recycle
20) RT Fusebox
21) RT Storage

Attached is the outputlog

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

kimx1636

Quote from: carpediembr on May 01, 2016, 02:39:09 PM

I'm not having issue with LOADING, but during the gameplay. I understand that this may not be caused by YOUR mod, but any chance you or someone else can help me out?

Issue: Vendors are not opening their interface. I send a colonist to trade either at a caravan or the comms table, they stand still for a brief moment and return to work. The trading interface does not open.

Mod Load:
1) Core
2) CCL
3) CR Core
4) RimFire 2.0
5) CCL Vanilla Tweaks
6) CPHaulage
7) Craftable Medicines
8) EPOE
9) HaulPriorityLite
10) Hospitality 1.11a
11) Industrialisation
12) Less Incident Trolling
13) M&CO Mining Helmets
14) Mad Skills - Tiered
15) Medical Training
16) Modular Tables
17) More Faction Spawns
18) More trade Ships
19) Recycle
20) RT Fusebox
21) RT Storage

First thing firsts your lacking the EPOE/CR compatibility patch, same for Rimfire.

Beyond that, as the post states: "Mods that modify vanilla weapons, walls, bodies or body parts (human and mechanoid, animals are fine), rock walls or rock chunks are inherently incompatible, meaning whichever mod is last in your load order will overwrite the changes of the other. Mods that add new guns, body parts, etc. are not incompatible but will likely be unbalanced in the context of this mod."

WereCat88

I love the new ammo system but i have a request, could you please add a way to pick up a specific amount of ammo from a stack (ex: a slider) because its quite hard picking 100 bullets for my sniper from a 500 stack

If there is already a way, sorry :P
I am The Primal Mammelon

Grogfeld

I would suggest to move game into friendlier location especially "\RimWorld Alpha-13- Win-Mac-Lin-Games4U\" could be dangerous, but I would also suggest updating some mods Hospitality for instance it could mess with your game.

Kyle23011

How do you craft ammo? Thanks in advance.

Edit: You can craft ammo from the machining table.

eragon333

How can I force my colonists to equip ammo? I tried making loadout in Assign tab but they won't equip on thier own. Also When I click on arrow for example nothing happening. Thank you for any help.

dareddevil7

Quote from: WereCat88 on May 01, 2016, 02:54:04 PM
I love the new ammo system but i have a request, could you please add a way to pick up a specific amount of ammo from a stack (ex: a slider) because its quite hard picking 100 bullets for my sniper from a 500 stack

If there is already a way, sorry :P
Loadouts! Set the amount of sniper ammo to be 100, your sniper with go take 100 rounds
Quote from: eragon333 on May 01, 2016, 03:26:04 PM
How can I force my colonists to equip ammo? I tried making loadout in Assign tab but they won't equip on thier own. Also When I click on arrow for example nothing happening. Thank you for any help.
Did you restart after opening the mod menu?

jackarbiter

Quote from: eragon333 on May 01, 2016, 03:26:04 PM

1) Check load order: ccl should say 2, ccl vanilla should say 3, cr should say 4 or more.

2) Make sure to restart the game after opening the mod menu, or bad things will happen.

3) Start new world and new colony.

4) Find error log and post it as attachment. Instructions are in this thread. Read through it first for errors like "ccl must be loaded 2nd right after core" and etc.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

NoImageAvailable

So just a heads up, turret ammo is fully functional (though somewhat lacking polish) but sieges are not. Unfortunately there is some very messy code in there so my options are kinda limited between ripping it all out and replacing it (more work than I am willing to commit at this point) or resorting to some hacky workarounds.

The next version also adds new functionality to the loadout manager where pawns will no longer automatically take meals and also drop items if they have more than specified in their loadout. Items that are not actually part of the loadout will not be dropped however, as there are issues both with vanilla jobs and the fact that for this to work properly with player-controlled pickups you'd need some way of disallowing automatic dropping of player-forced items, akin to the outfit manager's forced wear. And that one is just not feasible to implement for me due to technical reasons.

I am also working on tightening up some balance issues, raiders carry much less ammo now and ammo itself as well as ammo crafting are more expensive now. Once I am done balancing I will release the next version as a full release along with CR Defence and my stat sheets I use for balancing so anyone interested in making a compatibility patch can see how the values are calculated.

Some mod adding a research called CMedicine has an improperly set up XML file, from the name I'm guessing it's Craftable Medicine.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

NuclearStudent

I just want to say that I love this mod to death, and could never go back.

I giggle a little every time one of my armored knights pulls out a pocket pistol and goes to town, and my love for the shotgun is nigh spiritual.

eragon333

Did you restart after opening the mod menu?
That worked, thanks ;)

AllenWL

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 01, 2016, 05:12:17 PM
So just a heads up, turret ammo is fully functional (though somewhat lacking polish) but sieges are not. Unfortunately there is some very messy code in there so my options are kinda limited between ripping it all out and replacing it (more work than I am willing to commit at this point) or resorting to some hacky workarounds.

The next version also adds new functionality to the loadout manager where pawns will no longer automatically take meals and also drop items if they have more than specified in their loadout. Items that are not actually part of the loadout will not be dropped however, as there are issues both with vanilla jobs and the fact that for this to work properly with player-controlled pickups you'd need some way of disallowing automatic dropping of player-forced items, akin to the outfit manager's forced wear. And that one is just not feasible to implement for me due to technical reasons.

I am also working on tightening up some balance issues, raiders carry much less ammo now and ammo itself as well as ammo crafting are more expensive now. Once I am done balancing I will release the next version as a full release along with CR Defence and my stat sheets I use for balancing so anyone interested in making a compatibility patch can see how the values are calculated.

Some mod adding a research called CMedicine has an improperly set up XML file, from the name I'm guessing it's Craftable Medicine.

Could it be possible to do something like give a pawn a loadout order with the quantity of 0 to make them drop that item?

Diana Winters

I can't seem to kill mechanoids, even with AP rounds :/
My pawn will hit them, but they will take minimal damage, and after a point, stop taking damage.
Even using the "kill" tool in dev mode results in the mechanoid(s) losing parts (up to a point) but they won't die.
The only thing that seems to kill them is explosives.

Mods:
Core
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
EdBModOrder
CombatRealism-1.6.3
ExpandedProsthetics&OrganEngineering
CombatRealism EPOE
AllowTool
EdBColonistBar
Embrasures-Embrasures1.3
Hospitality