[1.0] RimWorld Minions Ver7.2

Started by WalkingProblem, February 17, 2017, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

You forget to update the about.xml, it is just V2 there.

Edit:
Ok, i am not sure if the following problem comes from this mod.
I got a strange behavior at my trainer.
When he want to train an animal he just collect food for the animals but never start to train anything.
Not to speak the he will carry nearly any food of the colony at this backpack.

That is a fresh colony, with Apini bee race.
I allready disabled Fluffy's worktab because that cause some heavy trouble with the work priorities.

So anyone else got a similar problem with the new V3 ?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 08, 2017, 04:29:30 AM
You forget to update the about.xml, it is just V2 there.

Edit:
Ok, i am not sure if the following problem comes from this mod.
I got a strange behavior at my trainer.
When he want to train an animal he just collect food for the animals but never start to train anything.
Not to speak the he will carry nearly any food of the colony at this backpack.

That is a fresh colony, with Apini bee race.
I allready disabled Fluffy's worktab because that cause some heavy trouble with the work priorities.

I just amended it after SpaceDorf alerted me to it. So 60+ peeps will have this small error. You can actually just change it yourself in the about.xml - or just download again from the same link, it is the updated one now

---

The minion mod does not touch Pawn-related functions... so I doubt it. Not exactly sure what would have caused that

AngleWyrm

I had food-related problems with the Smarter Food Selection mod, where colonists and visitors would glitch out when they went to eat by repeatedly dropping their food and picking it up again. The problem went away after uninstalling that mod.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 08, 2017, 05:43:07 PM
I had food-related problems with the Smarter Food Selection mod, where colonists and visitors would glitch out when they went to eat by repeatedly dropping their food and picking it up again. The problem went away after uninstalling that mod.

Sounds similar to a previous problem mentioned earlier in the thread.

Not exactly sure... since the Minions mod do not touch on food nor pawns. I just went through the Smarter Food Selection dll codes (i unpacked and take a look) - a quick glance of it, isnt exactly clear what clashed.

Wishmaster - any idea?

Canute

Yes it is a bug with smarter food, and can be surpressed with an option of that mod.
I allready posted at his thread after it was clear Minion V3 wasn't it.
I got Minion at first target, because i used smarter food at older colonies before too and didn't got that behavior. So i thought it came from them.
But i used an older version, since it was a bit ago (played HCSK for a month).

But some errors with minions:
https://gist.github.com/74105faba00bcfaa3312722889bcdff4
Growth is the name of one of my Pawn's.
Could not reserve Thing_PlantBananaTree82066 for Minion12220 doing job Harvest(curToil=1) for maxPawns 1.Existing reserver: Growth doing job Harvest A=Thing_Plantmushroom154916(curToil=4)
Verse.Log:Error(String)

And finaly a Minion made a mining for me.
But i needed to create a animal area around at the mining, put animal bed and kibble there, and restrict minions to that area.
At this way they can't do anything else then mining.

But i still think you should add extra trainings for minions, so these yellow pills can be focused on a job rather then to be an allrounder.
You said the cleaning will be activated after obedience got trained ?
But the priority is still pretty low, and my colony is very dirty :-(
I miss my cleaner robot.

Edit:
Minions are very lazy at mining, 2 minions mined 2 of 6 tiles in 1 season.
Maybe i should assign 20 of them to that zone.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2017, 04:18:34 AM
Yes it is a bug with smarter food, and can be surpressed with an option of that mod.
I allready posted at his thread after it was clear Minion V3 wasn't it.
I got Minion at first target, because i used smarter food at older colonies before too and didn't got that behavior. So i thought it came from them.
But i used an older version, since it was a bit ago (played HCSK for a month).

But some errors with minions:
https://gist.github.com/74105faba00bcfaa3312722889bcdff4
Growth is the name of one of my Pawn's.
Could not reserve Thing_PlantBananaTree82066 for Minion12220 doing job Harvest(curToil=1) for maxPawns 1.Existing reserver: Growth doing job Harvest A=Thing_Plantmushroom154916(curToil=4)
Verse.Log:Error(String)

And finaly a Minion made a mining for me.
But i needed to create a animal area around at the mining, put animal bed and kibble there, and restrict minions to that area.
At this way they can't do anything else then mining.

But i still think you should add extra trainings for minions, so these yellow pills can be focused on a job rather then to be an allrounder.
You said the cleaning will be activated after obedience got trained ?
But the priority is still pretty low, and my colony is very dirty :-(
I miss my cleaner robot.

Edit:
Minions are very lazy at mining, 2 minions mined 2 of 6 tiles in 1 season.
Maybe i should assign 20 of them to that zone.

Adding new trainings wouldnt make them focus on the job more, if you want to know. During my test, the minions do mine almost every other hour. So I not sure why yours is any different. If you depend on only 1 minion - you need to watch the Minion cartoon again to understand their character~ LOL! (what a good excuse).

As for the error in the console - you have to off the autoopen of the window and just ignore it. The reason is because I'm forcing an animal to do a pawn job - and perhaps its also due to the limitation of my understanding of how Tyran coded it, I not sure how to make the Minion reserve a job so that others will not take it. If I ever find the relevant code for it, I will release a patch for it.

Just for addition info, its not possible to make the Minions do more than one task every hour - the only way is to set it into a "default" behavior without the time gap between the tasks - but that will set it into an infinite loop - which cause the console/error window to be flooded with error (which is the reserve issue) - but if you do that, they will work non-stop... lol

The Minions will not work at the efficiency of normal pawns (including the cleaning robot) - unless I set everything to infinite loops. (but will need to resolve the reservation error first before I can do that, if not I not sure if it would crash the game)

WalkingProblem

Oops.

I just resolved the reservation issue. =P

The reservation error now will not pop up.
But I'm unable to make them work endlessly without them blasting 10 jobs in 10 ticks and after a while cause the game to set the minion to "wait" and they just stand there blankly.

Anyone had any idea how to make them work more than once an hour? (let me make this happen before I release 3.1)

WalkingProblem

LOL....

I just created my own "chanceperhour" function... so Minions now run on its own "chance per hour" as oppose to normal animals.

So they can now work very very very diligently and efficiently~ =P

Version3.1 Release Imminent!

Canute

Hehe,
little pressure from the customer and it is possible ! :-))

AngleWyrm

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

WalkingProblem

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 09, 2017, 08:20:18 AM
Minions hard at work
https://youtu.be/xcGS5BIIL7o

I actually tried to add a lot of other things for the Minions to do... unfortunately, my coding abilities and my understanding of how the rimworld codes work have not reach that level yet. Like weirdly, for fighting fire, i managed to get the minions to attend to the fire; but all they do is stand beside the fire and look at it. Apparently fighting fire have its own "verb" - and I do not understand how that works yet.

So perhaps till Version 4.0 then~ haha

Canute

Hehehe, i just got an evil inspiration :-)
Let the minions jump into the fire, to reduce the fire.
Ofcourse the minions are on fire and running around in panic ! :-)
But when you got enough minions they should extinguish any fire.
Hmm does the wall should get damage when they jump against the wall to lower the fire ? :-)

WalkingProblem

Sorry again for yet another early patch to a full release.... my bad....

Version 3.1 fixes the "errors" that appears in the error console (for those playing in the developmental mode), making the game more smooth.

In addition, because of the set limitation by the original game that no animals will do tasks/jobs more than once an hour – making the minions rather.... lazy or undependable – despite it was already a huge improvement in Ver3.0 to Ver2.0 – I had made it even better now in Version 3.1. I literally created a new counting function in the codes specially just for the minions – thus adjusting the limiter – and thus now, the Minions are much much better at sweeping and doing all the other chores they can do.

While I'm at it, I added "Flicking switches" into their abilities. So now minions can help your colony on and off switches, without needing your pawns to get out of their seat. As you know, Minions LOVE Buttons!

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://dinorim.mingjilim.com/sdm_downloads/rimworld-minions-ver3-1/

changelog:
– added new chanceperhour function specially for minions
– added Flick ability to the Minions
– Minions can now work more frequently and efficiently

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on April 09, 2017, 11:50:02 AM
Hehehe, i just got an evil inspiration :-)
Let the minions jump into the fire, to reduce the fire.
Ofcourse the minions are on fire and running around in panic ! :-)
But when you got enough minions they should extinguish any fire.
Hmm does the wall should get damage when they jump against the wall to lower the fire ? :-)

ermz.... I really need to start working on the dinosaur mod.... ...LOL

SpaceDorf

The moment I stopped polling your page .. you bastard ! ...

and yes .. I want Dinos feasting on tasty Minions.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.