[1.2-A8e] Rimfire - vanilla style gun mod (v2.6 / 12.01.2021)

Started by Alistaire, January 22, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POLL CENTRAL - 4 polls currently active, 3 closed

dd.mm.yyyy  [results] link to the poll

(30.12.2015) [results] Should weapons_guns.xml be split up into separate files for easy removal of weapons? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize? (closed)
(05.01.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all? (closed)
(30.12.2015) [results] Which location do you prefer for polls?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these considered weapon suggestions would you like me to prioritize?
(18.04.2016) [results] Which of these denied weapon suggestions would you want to see implemented after all?
(30.04.2016) [results] !NEW! Which weapon types would you like to see added to Rimfire?

Alistaire

As long as vanilla guns don't have actual names (or derived names including numbers, make and such) I won't use them. I hope A13 introduces
better weapon names like those form about a year ago. I'm trying to stay as true to vanilla with the names as possible (and with the weapons
themselves of course). It is possible to use the Languages folder to store your preferred weapon names though, and if others prefer that they
could download a language file for them so there's no difference between mod versions but rather between language files which is much more
manageable.

I don't think names actually have to be polled, the fastest way to fix that would be using Languages.

The provided screenshot is for the CombatRealism version of Rimfire. NoImageAvailable, the author of CombatRealism, provides those and I don't
check them. Stats differ between the versions so there's probably more errors like that. Don't know how to fix that consistently with each version..

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Grimandevil on January 29, 2016, 02:11:11 PM
hey Alistaire,
have you thought of moving away from generic gun names (hunting rifle, military rifle) and use actual names instead? Because, with more weapons variety, generic names dont really fit. Atleast you could make a poll ;)

The descriptions are presumably accurate for the base mod but when I changed the stats I never bothered changing any of the descriptions. As such they may not be 100% accurate. (Also, this might change with the next CR release bringing single shot and burst firing modes for weapons as appropriate)
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Grimandevil

welcome to the Rimworld - a world full of cannibal drug-addicted psychos, but free of vegetarians.

kaonasi

Hi, guys. I've discovered a big problem with sound. It's not playing at all. I checked dev console, and there were this kind of notes: "Cannot play RF_ShotParaOrdnanceP1445 (subSound UnnamedSubSoundDef_: No resolved grains".
So, what is the problem? How can I fix it?

P.S.
Sorry for my English, I'm no English-speaking person.

Alistaire

You will want to restart the game after closing your Mods menu. Errors like these are usually fixed in that way.

kaonasi

Beathrus

Can we get guns that do blunt damage? Like, a Bean-bag gun? Or a shotgun loaded with beanbags?

Alistaire

@Beathrus

That falls under "non-lethal weaponry" in the fourth poll. Reasoning why I dislike it are next to it in this table.

Beathrus

Quote from: Alistaire on March 04, 2016, 02:35:00 PM
@Beathrus

That falls under "non-lethal weaponry" in the fourth poll. Reasoning why I dislike it are next to it in this table.

Oh, Okay. Well, I'll just stick to macing my enemies then. (Means the melee attacking weapon, not the spray).

falconbunker

Hello, I keep on getting these errors listed below whenever I start up the game, how do I fix this? Thanks.
Could not find a type named AntiMateriel.Projectile_AM

Config error in RF_Bullet_ARFifty: RF_Bullet_ARFifty has null thingClass.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Config error in RF_Bullet_ARFifty: RF_Bullet_ARFifty has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Config error in RF_Bullet_MDFifty: RF_Bullet_MDFifty has null thingClass.

Config error in RF_Bullet_MDFifty: RF_Bullet_MDFifty has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

Config error in RF_Bullet_HecateII: RF_Bullet_HecateII has null thingClass.

Config error in RF_Bullet_HecateII: RF_Bullet_HecateII has components but it's thingClass is not a ThingWithComps

Alistaire

It looks like you're trying to run CombatRealism + Rimfire 1.8 without CombatRealism.

falconbunker

I have combat realism, it is right before Rimfire in the mod order

Alistaire

Then I think you have "Rimfire 1.8" but you need to replace it with "CombatRealism + Rimfire 1.8" to make it work with CombatRealism. Only one of the two must be active at any point, depending on whether CombatRealism is active.

falconbunker

I just checked, it is Combat Realism + Rimfire 1.8 and I do not have the non-combat realism version of Rimfire on my comp.

Alistaire

Rimfire v1.8 and Rimfire v1.8 CR for Alpha 12. What about them? Guess what they updated.

I have made an edit to the AntiMateriel code which influenced both the v1.8 and v1.8 CR download, however only the CR download actually fixes
something (a bug reported by falconbunker).

Annoyingly enough the NexusMods file system is very strict in the things it allows and every time I want to update tiny bug fixes it requires the
removal of the entire previous file (along with its downloads counter and apparently its virus report) - there is no way around this.

Enjoy the AK-47 preview!

@falconbunker:

Downloading Rimfire v1.8 CR from any download location should fix this bug. Thanks for reporting it.