[1.0] A RimWorld of Magic

Started by Torann, November 24, 2017, 11:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moggen

Hey, I'm having the sliiiight problem with the arcane forge. The arcane forge is great and all, but whenever it replicates an item, it changes the recipe of it to whatever it replicated. For all crafting tables. For example, if I replicate some alpaca wool pants, I can only make pants out of alpaca wool. Kinda a problem if I have to replicate items to edit what material I want to make them out of.

TheJinx

That's what replicate means pretty sure that's completely intentional behaviour

Torann

Quote from: Moggen on November 22, 2018, 11:38:38 AM
Hey, I'm having the sliiiight problem with the arcane forge. The arcane forge is great and all, but whenever it replicates an item, it changes the recipe of it to whatever it replicated. For all crafting tables. For example, if I replicate some alpaca wool pants, I can only make pants out of alpaca wool. Kinda a problem if I have to replicate items to edit what material I want to make them out of.
Yeah, this IS a bug and one I'm trying to fix.  It's intended that the only item the replication can make is the 'wool' type pants, but it's not intended to replace the original recipe.  There are some other bugs that have been brought to my attention too, esp. for "ingredient" or category type items so, for now, replication is def. broken.  Reloading the game will fix the broken recipe's - recommend not using replicate for the time being.

TheJinx

I seem to have misunderstood what he was talking about seems more obvious now that you pointed it out that he was talking about all crafting tables

riverrin2002

Hi I just wanted to know if it's possible to have a skeleton-shaped lich ( It's to make a skeleton army with a lich as commander)

eksynn

i accidentally gave my magically gifted pawn 'psionic', but i'm not too fond of it... is there a way that i can remove it and its associated skills? maybe by using the dev console?
if not, if i edit my save to remove the psionic thing, will the skills still be there? and will this pawn be able to a learn magic skill set?

lsbbum

how many factions does this mod have?
in Faction Control, i think i see four but only the Arcane Fold faction ever spawns.
is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?

Torann

Quote from: lsbbum on November 24, 2018, 01:06:33 PM
how many factions does this mod have?
in Faction Control, i think i see four but only the Arcane Fold faction ever spawns.
is this a bug or am i doing something wrong?
Not a bug, and if you're using Faction Control and remove one of the magic related factions then it will cause errors during specific events or for some abilities.  The Seers/Arcane Fold is the only 'active' faction, but I use Elemental and Summoned factions as the defaults for summoned creatures and unique events.  Not sure what the 4th you're referring to is though...

Quote from: eksynn on November 24, 2018, 11:47:59 AM
i accidentally gave my magically gifted pawn 'psionic', but i'm not too fond of it... is there a way that i can remove it and its associated skills? maybe by using the dev console?
If you want to wait a day or so, I'm updating the dev-mode buttons for troubleshooting to be more useful and there will be an option to completely remove of magic/might powers in the event something bugs out or a save file gets corrupted.

Also, for the record, double traits to have magic/might isn't supported, so use at your own risk and expect there to be some conflicts.

lsbbum

thanks for the reply Toran, I'm using Lord of the rims third age also and the Arcane fold faction having firearms kinda messes with the theme.
So if I can't disable the faction, is there something I can change in the faction file?
I looked and see that their research level  is at neolithic so I don't know what's giving them firearms.

Torann

Quote from: lsbbum on November 24, 2018, 09:29:08 PM
thanks for the reply Toran, I'm using Lord of the rims third age also and the Arcane fold faction having firearms kinda messes with the theme.
So if I can't disable the faction, is there something I can change in the faction file?
I looked and see that their research level  is at neolithic so I don't know what's giving them firearms.
Looks like that was a bug you found because when I started looking into it, none of the seer faction groups were ever spawning with seer specific weapons.  They should now and it should work better with a medieval or Lord of the Rims playthrough.

Torann

Update v2.3.0.0

• ** New class: Deathknight - these warriors stand at the precipice of death and are among the toughest and most resolute fighters the rim has to offer; the closer they get to death, the more dangerous they become
    -Shroud of Darkness: wreathed in an endless void, the shroud of darkness is the signature skill of any deathknight and is able to nullify attacks and increase their armor; its strength grows as the deathknight builds rage
    -Wave of Fear: the deathknight amplifies the fears of their opponents to send them reeling and reduces their ability to resist dark attacks
    -Spite: once sufficient rage is built, the deathknight can channel their malice into a physical attack, dealing a painful spirit attack at enemies up to medium range
    -Spirit Tap: absorbs the life energy of enemies struck in melee range and uses it to build rage, restore energy, and heal their wounds and wounds of nearby allies
    -Grave blade: calls forth the spirits of the dead to strike from the grave at any enemies in an a target area

• Equipment: Helm of the Valiant - special thanks to wrathofdog for the artwork; the helm of the valiant is a complimentary piece to the armor of the valiant and offers strong protection to frontline fighters

• Tweaks:
    Fireball and Snowball now have additional flight effects
    Paracyte yield reduced by 1

• Bug fixes:
    Arcane forge: replication will no longer affect the original design/recipe; only items with specified ingredients will replicate, the exception is equipment made from stuff, in which case the design can be replicated using the same material; arcane gemstones can now be replicated
    Added additional exception checking for magic pawns
    Added a check to enchanting to prevent a mage from acquiring additional enchanting container slots
    The Seer faction will load their faction apparel correctly when generating its pawns

eksynn

is this the update with the devmode edit too?

ps, deathknight sounds awesome xD

TheJinx

Was waiting for the death knight to come out and it sounds really interesting so far

And thank you for fixing the seer pawns I don't know why no one has said anything about it just seemed natural to have naked guys with magic rings

eksynn

guess i'll just test it xD

question, is it possible to make it so you don't need to be in a class to learn other spells?
or at least make a trait that lets you learn any magic spell? like "attuned with the universal lay lines" or something

i noticed that i wanted spells from other classes, but only ever really used one or two spells from my current class, while ignoring the other 3 or 4 spells completely
the trait would allow people to still use the current class system, while giving classless people the choice of what to learn.. the downside is that they would either have to craft the spells, or buy it off of traders

pretty please, @Torann ? D:

Canute

That would be a nice idea.
But Torann would need to made all spells/abilities craftable.
And like the previous learnable spells they can't be improved.
But this "universal" mage could learn a few more spells then the other mages.
I would say 8 normal and 2 master spells could be good.