Heat waves and cold snap tints the screen

Started by po5, February 25, 2017, 07:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

po5

Hi, i was playing Extreme Desert permadeath on Extreme with randy random. He gives me heatwaves every now and then. But they are difficulty to notice, because the temperature gauge is so small in the bottom right corner. And in extreme desert the heatwave is lethal if people go outside. (100C+ in summer) so it would be a nice touch if the heatwave would tint the screen slightly yellow'ish.

dragonalumni

I would go a step further and tint the screen for several events. (like fallout)
-fallout -- yellow green
-heat wave - red
-lunar eclipse - yellow
-cold snap -- ice blue
-volcanic winter --light gray

po5

yes absolutely. those seem like good ideas. but i dont want the tint to be too crazy.

SpaceDorf

It does not have to be the whole screen, maybe just the edges of the screen.

So the colors are still there .. crazy starts when events overlap :)

An Eclipse in the middle of a Toxic Fallout and Heatwave ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Dorian

Perhaps tinting the background of the menu bar on the bottom screen would be less annoying.  I don't even like the tinted stockpile zones and always turn off the visibility of them.

Ford_Prefect

Yes.
It is pretty easy to miss the end of the events (example fallout) and not notice until you spot an animal walking outside.

Another option for heatwaves/coldsnaps would be to bold the outdoor temperature and color it red/blue.

SpaceDorf

My all time solution is still to put the  Outside Temperature Display in the Upper Right Corner and enlarge it with a Graphic ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.