to Buy or Not to buy

Started by Frisk, October 22, 2013, 08:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisk

my main question is if i (buy) rimworld, am i actually able to download and start playing it after i buy the game

because i have backed up games before i allready payed for the games 5 months in advance and eager waiting for the release
untill i get fed up and focus my view on something else to play

i promised my self not to (buy/backup) a game untill i can download and play it right after puchage
i dont know why the makers are frantic about putting out an aplha to all the backers even if there are bugs or not allot of content

dont say its not possable bucause a youtuber Supremopete accuired it a 2 3 days ago after some one told him in one of his video's
so wich tier makes me able to play the game aswell and i payed for it

Semmy

When you pledge influencer tier or higher you will receive the game within a few days after the kickstarter ends.

Influencer tier and higher gives you acces to the pre-alpha.
Anything lower will get you the game around januari

Tynan's exact quote.

The game works now. If you're in the influencer tier, you'll get access to the current pre-alpha as soon as the Kickstarter ends.
I've run several playtests and verified that real people can pick it up and enjoy it. It is, however, a bit light on content, and there are bugs. I'd like to squash this stuff as fast as possible.
I think we can have the first more stable and well-rounded public alpha (with audio and art contributions) out in January 2014.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Frisk

yeah i read about that

but how is it that someone Got the game a few days ago when he didn't back the game earlyer
or didn't  knew about it excisting 3 days ago he payed 40 bucks

if he can so can i

British

Allow me to quote myself from this thread:
"A bunch of YouTubers were selected and supplied with the game so they can spread the word of RimWorld imbaness."

Frisk

Right thats reasonable, but still sucks

Semmy

Quote from: Frisk on October 22, 2013, 12:06:53 PM
Right thats reasonable, but still sucks

about 2 weeks to go m8
just 2 weeks.
hang in there
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

British

It can't suck when it's that very concept that has brought so many people to know RimWorld...
Patience is a virtue, as they say (even though waiting is a bitch).