1.0 Mechanoids - Uranium Mace VS Plasteel Longsword VS Plasteel Spear?

Started by Merudo, January 03, 2019, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merudo

I've heard conflicting opinions regarding which weapon is the best against Mechanoids.

Some said the Uranium Mace is best, because it bypasses the high pierce resistance of the Mechanoids.

Others say the Plasteel Spear is superior, because it can instantly kill Mechanoids by hitting their internal organs.

And other still report that the Plasteel Sword does better DPS than the Spear, and should therefore be used instead.

Who is right?

Canute

Maybe read
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=42359.0
the testing was done at the unstable version of 1.0 but the combat system didn't changed at the last version.

Kirby23590

The Plasteel Spear has better Armor Penetration believe it or not... So when against a single Centipede which has a Sharp of 70% The Spear has 50% Armor Penetration while the Plasteel Longsword has 42% and the Spear and the Longsword were both made with "Plasteel" and had "Good" Quality into them...

Uranium Mace is no joke either, The Blunt Armor of the Centipede sits in 40% while Uranium mace has 35%, also has "Good" Quality into it, while Uranium Melee Weapons are slower than Plasteel, they can still crack and break Mechanoids' Armor.

Plasteel Longswords in the otherhand i feel like they are better at Fighting the Weaker Mechanoids than the Centipedes, Yes i'm favoring the Spear and the Mace here, but i'm only talking about the Centipede here... They can still do a good job fighting other than Centipedes unless the Wielder uses Stab Attacks...
Since a Healthy Pawn with 8 Melee Skill with either a Plasteel Spear or a Uranium Mace has chance of Two shotting a Lancer... The Plasteel Longsword could also do that as well...
But Just be careful of masses of Scythers okay?

If i were you i would bring someone with EMP Grenades to disable some Mechanoids and Stun em' for a While. Just Watch your guys if they have Shield Belts since the EMP Can fully disable them Shields for a while if you're not careful...

Not only that it also Stops the Centipedes using Inferno Cannons firing at your guys since it's busy trying to smack the Brawler that's punching or poking it... Along with Lancers trying to fire their Charge Lances when it's busy punching a Man With a Spear or with a Longsword... Be cautious that the Centipedes are scary in melee as well with their Headbutts or using their Heavy Weapons as melee weapons without proper equipment...
Trained Release Animals can also fill the roles of stopping Inferno Centipedes or Lancers trying to fire their ranged weapons as well...

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.