[A12] BackstoriesCore Update 10

Started by mipen, March 26, 2015, 05:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

Are these backstories that you have made? Or are they from one of the packs? It looks like the save key isn't being generated properly, which could mean there is a problem in the def. If you know where these come from, I can have a look at them for you

Vas

I made them.  It looks like it tried to generate numbers at the end of my def names.  I didn't see anything that said numbers were required to be added though.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mipen

If you send me a copy of them I can have a look and see if there is anything missing. It might be that I have missed an error message and so you're not being warned of something

mipen

Fixed a small bug caused by PawnBioDefs

skyarkhangel

Don't know.. but when i'am updating backstories from v8 to v.9, Rimworld can't to start. Only black screen.

mipen

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 30, 2015, 11:14:16 AM
Don't know.. but when i'am updating backstories from v8 to v.9, Rimworld can't to start. Only black screen.
Did you retain the correct load order?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: mipen on July 30, 2015, 07:06:36 PM

Yea, near with core and full replacement old v8.. don't work with Hardcore modpack.. It may be something conflict with v9.

mipen

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 30, 2015, 09:32:18 PM

Yea, near with core and full replacement old v8.. don't work with Hardcore modpack.. It may be something conflict with v9.
Hmm, there really shouldn't be any compatibility issues between the two, as I only removed one line from the code to fix a problem with the bios. If you send me the output log I can take a look and hopefully see what the problem is :)

skyarkhangel

Quote from: mipen on July 31, 2015, 04:23:14 AM
Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 30, 2015, 09:32:18 PM

Hmm, there really shouldn't be any compatibility issues between the two, as I only removed one line from the code to fix a problem with the bios. If you send me the output log I can take a look and hopefully see what the problem is :)

How can i do this, Rimworld just freezes with black screen with any errors ???
I'am trying to experiment.. to unload other mods

mipen

The log is in the rimworld directory. Rimworldxxxwin/rimworldxxxwin_data/output_log.txt

Matt Rethyu

Quote from: mipen on May 15, 2015, 06:55:54 AMActually it is easy to remove existing backstories, I could add that functionality in if you wish.

So in theory, modification of vanilla backstories IS possible - you will need to remove them from vanilla game, and readd identical ones via your mod?
Just to be clear, I don't want to change them too much, since they are rewards for backers, but I wish I was able to put NAME instead of their names etc. so I could use them freely with Prepare Carefully.
"Our destiny is in the stars, so let's go and search for it."

falcongrey

Quote from: mipen on July 31, 2015, 06:36:51 PM
The log is in the rimworld directory. Rimworldxxxwin/rimworldxxxwin_data/output_log.txt

I'm having the same 'load then black screen' problem. Alt-F4 to exit the black screen. I have it loading in the same location that the old back story folder was. Nothing changed. Loads perfectly fine if I disable backstories but goes to black screen if I have it active.

Link to Output_Log here

And hope this helps you track down what went wrong.
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: falcongrey on August 03, 2015, 11:49:00 PM

I'm having the same 'load then black screen' problem. Alt-F4 to exit the black screen. I have it loading in the same location that the old back story folder was. Nothing changed. Loads perfectly fine if I disable backstories but goes to black screen if I have it active.

Link to Output_Log here

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Backstories.BackstoryDef named DavidGreyChild found to give to Backstories.PawnBioDef DavidGrey
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)
Could not resolve cross-reference: No Backstories.BackstoryDef named DavidGreyAdult found to give to Backstories.PawnBioDef DavidGrey
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

who is this mr. David Grey?  :o Mb.. Mipen want to make new sadist backstory with 50 shades of grey?  :D ;)

falcongrey

Quote from: skyarkhangel on August 04, 2015, 01:04:35 PM
Quote from: falcongrey on August 03, 2015, 11:49:00 PM

Link to Output_Log here

Could not resolve cross-reference: No Backstories.BackstoryDef named DavidGreyChild found to give to Backstories.PawnBioDef DavidGrey
Could not resolve cross-reference: No Backstories.BackstoryDef named DavidGreyAdult found to give to Backstories.PawnBioDef DavidGrey

who is this mr. David Grey?  :o Mb.. Mipen want to make new sadist backstory with 50 shades of grey?  :D ;)

That was the back story that worked in update 8 perfectly; when 9 came out it borked. Also,  you're the first to give that 'knee slapper' about my last name. ;)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

skyarkhangel

Mipen, please make ability to translate backstories ^_^