Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kia_K

Locked doors. If a colonist has a bedroom to themselves, then the door is locked when they sleep (sort of the opposite of the prison) so no one else can disturb them. It's annoying having the 'disturbed sleep' stack up because someone decided it would be a good idea to replant all the flowerpots at midnight.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Franklin on August 02, 2016, 03:21:41 PM
I'd love some bulk-management buttons and further clarification in the Work tab. Setting everyone up with manual priorities can be slow, so buttons like 'Prioritize Passions' or 'Copy/Paste Priorities' could speed it up.

And with the auto-priority setting, I'd love to see what those green checkmarks actually mean. Like show me what priorities the system gave each task so if it looks good I know I can trust and leave it.

"Theres an app for that!" well sorta...
I know that there was a mod in a13 that allowed you to copy one colonists priorities and then apply it to another colonist.

As to what the automatic priorities mean... as far as I know they are exactly what you see when yo first hit the manual priorities option. Everything that was marked with an x is treated as a priority three and they are (sorta) searched left to right.  There are some "jobs" that you can't prioritize like sleep, eat, have a nervous breakdown... Luckily some of those can be scheduled.

skinicism

Stirrup boots for flat-footed colonists and a exclusively Rimworld adhesive

mixed with slimy foam (to form something like cement but stronger) are

ideas but I'm not sure that they're mine exactly.

RickDeckerSpiegel

Mood Bonus after survived raids

sowing grass

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: RickDeckerSpiegel on August 03, 2016, 06:25:59 AM
Mood Bonus after survived raids...

LOVE this idea! Particularly if it's scaled. +5 if no one died +10 if no one was even seriously injured. But would only drafted pawns get it?

MasterBenM

When placing horshoe pins you should see a light thing for where colonists will stand when they play (like when placing tv) it my colonists always use them from a weird side

Franklin

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on August 03, 2016, 10:18:28 AM
LOVE this idea! Particularly if it's scaled. +5 if no one died +10 if no one was even seriously injured. But would only drafted pawns get it?
I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be thrilled after being shot at by a gang of murderers, even if we fend them off. I'd be relieved (assuming I'm not bleeding out), but I was relieve-level content before I was attacked, I imagine.

There's a reason why so many soldiers come back with PTSD and not all stoked and jazzed to've won.

Havan_IronOak

Not sure how cheap it is, nor how important it is in the grand scheme of things but it would make the game behave more like standard...

If you're in the load game menu and select a save game to delete, the default is to cancel (go Back without deleting)

Generally the default for an action is to proceed with that action. 
By having it the way you do one cannot clear a large number of scum saves by clicking on the x and hitting enter repeatedly. One has to click on the red x , move the mouse to the confirm button, then click again.

Certainly not a show stopper but as an inveterate over-saver I've noticed how much more difficult it is to clean up after myself than in other games.  When adding a bunch of new mods and wanting to delete a bunch of saves but NOT necessarily all my other game settings this is noticeable.

ToXeye

One cheap idea is two half doors. It is an OCD thing... often the builds that I make lacks ways to make doors look good on even symmetry.
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

DariusWolfe

@Havan: That is the primary, if not sole, reason I use Permadeath. I still save-scum Permadeath when it really irks me (Alt-F4, reload the game back to the last auto-save...) but save-management is SO much easier.

RickDeckerSpiegel

Quote from: Franklin on August 03, 2016, 10:54:02 AM
I don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't be thrilled after being shot at by a gang of murderers, even if we fend them off. I'd be relieved (assuming I'm not bleeding out), but I was relieve-level content before I was attacked, I imagine.

There's a reason why so many soldiers come back with PTSD and not all stoked and jazzed to've won.

You could add this as kind of negative/positive trait. Some colonists get something like PTSD, some are more hyped than others. To defend your home should give them some good spirit anyway.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: RickDeckerSpiegel on August 03, 2016, 03:09:49 PM
Quote from: Franklin on August 03, 2016, 10:54:02 AM

You could add this as kind of negative/positive trait. Some colonists get something like PTSD, some are more hyped than others. To defend your home should give them some good spirit anyway.

The important thing about PTSD is the P meaning Post or after. In case of the soldiers the After is when they return from a campaign. Which is prolonged exposure to Traumatic Stress.
The Adrenaline High after one Battle and the Euphoria of having survived could quite well be reflected with quite a mood bonus.

Also the comparison to soldiers is a bit off, since the Colonists don't go somewhere else to fight, but defend their home and this defense should be celebrated.
But I don't say that ptsd could not happen, especially under cassandras constant attacks the frontline could develop a trait like this

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

StormySunrise

Not sure if this was already mentioned but, Stockholm Syndrome as a random chance to happen to prisoners kept captive after a week. then they auto join the colony if you accept.

Dreams_Of_Cheese

Quote from: StormySunrise on August 03, 2016, 08:14:45 PM
Not sure if this was already mentioned but, Stockholm Syndrome as a random chance to happen to prisoners kept captive after a week. then they auto join the colony if you accept.
I second this. It's a bit annoying to have a prisoner for over an ingame year who just won't join. I guess he's just cashing in on the free food and housing. Maybe instead of a random chance to just join, it should become easier to recruit (or for some harder, depending on a trait maybe?) your prisoners the longer they've been in prison.

Mikeboy

A mutiny mental break type where they otherwise go about their business as usual but they refuse to be drafted.