Rubble Atomizer/recycler

Started by Vastin, February 11, 2014, 09:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vastin

On account of right now you will inevitably bury your entire map in very difficult to destroy rubble, given enough time.

colonistPally

Quote from: Vastin on February 11, 2014, 09:27:15 PM
On account of right now you will inevitably bury your entire map in very difficult to destroy rubble, given enough time.

;D Some kind of rock crusher, has to make a cool noise though.  ;D Time of Defiance (a space mmorts) had that. It took an absolutely ludicrous exorbitant amount of rocks but you could grind them up into a minuscule amount of water. It balanced out because you always had way more rocks than you could ever do anything with. So it was hilariously ironic and balanced.

Untrustedlife

That would work.
I believe water will be a resource eventually.

For now, I was thinking we could scrap a large amount of rubble for small amounts of metal. (so bascially your idea with metal instead of water)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

colonistPally

Quote from: Untrustedlife on February 12, 2014, 12:46:43 AM
That would work.
I believe water will be a resource eventually.

For now, I was thinking we could scrap a large amount of rubble for small amounts of metal. (so bascially your idea with metal instead of water)

Yepper that'd be a good interim measure for sure.

OobleckTheGreen

Not a bad idea, I suppose. Maybe it could be ground and made into concrete. Makes more sense than using metal.

Personally, I think you'd have to play a really long time to turn your map into rubble, though. I incorporate it into my defenses. It plays a major part in slowing down the raiders.