I just discovered the best floor

Started by DeathWeasel, January 08, 2017, 02:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathWeasel

...and it only has to be replanted every 7.5 days!

Grishnerf

Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

SubZeroBricks

"The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you are on fire."

Shinzy

Well I'll be damned!
I'm not sure this should be a thing :p

Lys

I've always wondered why freshly planted flowers (which irl wouldn't even be flowering) give the same beauty as grown ones. Though I'm not sure if this is worth it, you can't place statues on them and the room will always be dirty, no?

DeathWeasel

The crazy high beauty you get from the Daylillies more than makes up for the penalty from being dirty. Sure, you wouldn't want the floor of your hospital to be covered in Daylilies unless you like infections, but there doesn't seem to be a downside to covering bedroom floors with them. That room give my colonist a permanent +4 mood bonus because she has an impressive bedroom, and the only other thing in the room is a light and a normal wooden bed.

PiggyBacon

It makes a dam nice floor but it wouldn't fit with my massive glitter world colony. Dirt and flower floors would just amount to more filth.

matthewgareth

lol

★░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░██░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░██░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░░██░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░░░░★
★░░░██░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░★
★░░░██░░████░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░★
★░░░██░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░★
★░░░░██████████░███░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░★
★░░░░██░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░★
★░░░░███████████░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░★
★░░░░░░██░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░░░★
★░░░░░░██████████░██░░░░███░██░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░████░███░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░★
★░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░★

Headshotkill

I could swear I saw the same thread 1-2 years ago, almost wanted to call out necro.

milon

Yeah, I remember the old one too. That was when I started putting flowers everywhere possible. It's also great for training the Growing skill. :)

b0rsuk

Nitpicks:
- requires light
- growing zones slow down pawns
- I think it counts as dirt, so as soon as you step on a floor tile you're likely to bring dirt with you.
- fire hazard !!! The most flammable floor by far!

But I'm ashamed I haven't thought about this!

milon

Even if you don't light it, they'll still last quite a while. And the dirt is offset by the flowers. So fire is the only downside, and you can't make roofs magically disappear any more...

Grishnerf

only in early game i can see a real use if you have low numbers, after that only downsides.
planting them every few days for every room is unnecessary work. there is other work to do.
if you have 30+ pawns this is too much work for nothing.

but i found that idea funny :D
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

cultist

Seems like an effective way to counter the inevitable early awful bedrooms. It feels a bit wrong though. Flowers or not, a dirt floor should not be attractive.