Alpha 13 - New events are gonna be hilarious

Started by RickyMartini, January 28, 2016, 12:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

TLDR; making hats out of human leather is fine. Having a pawn labelled as gay is cause for concern.

<sigh>

I am going to attempt to stop feeding the trolls now, Bruxy and others make a good point - this thread is about cool stuff in A13.

RickyMartini

Quote from: Bruxy on January 31, 2016, 11:51:23 AM
When I first started playing I set up special little jail cells for my captives. I quickly realised that, given everyone would want their own bedroom eventually anyway, it was more efficient to just set a bedroom up as a prisoner room until the New Recruit notification popped up, then switch it over so they could keep the same bed. Now it seems I'll have to revert to my old ways and put a bit more thought into how I set up The SHU; double doors, extra wardens and walls made from more than just wood for a start. Sounds good, though!

Well now the prisons have to be thought out beforehand. I kind of want to see how fleshed out and how deep this prison system is going to be. Will it rival Prison architect? I guess not, but it's still an interesting addition. ;)

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 31, 2016, 02:47:45 PM
TLDR; making hats out of human leather is fine. Having a pawn labelled as gay is cause for concern.

<sigh>

This reminds me of something I posted a long time ago (link). I don't think it exists yet in the game, is it? Or even in the real world?

I never got in trouble for that, either :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Bob_Namg

Quote from: Noobshock on January 31, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
Well all things considered it's not such a big deal; I'd gladly butcher the gay colonists to keep cannibals happy, but then again I wouldn't want them to get AIDS or random STDs. I guess the crematorium will do.  8)

User was temp banned for this post.
Ramsis warned you..

Lol this is a company forum please don't be too too rash with your comments.
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 31, 2016, 02:47:45 PM

<sigh>

I am going to attempt to stop feeding the trolls now, Bruxy and others make a good point - this thread is about cool stuff in A13.

You feed the trolls every time you post. Just live and let live and ignore them completely. Also human leather clothes are worth a lot in game because muh black market prices.

I can't wait for this A13 update, I really want to see a bunch of raiders show up and it turns out they're a family or something weird.
Also there should be more sophisticated raiding party actions and shit, like say raiders bring an EMP mortar to take down your turrets while their riflemen advance. That'd be cool.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

silvervixen667

So excited to here about A13! Although I don't know how much I will love the fact that event 'colonists' so to speak will come back again. Why do I get the feeling all the fleeing pawns I rejected are going to team-up as raiders and curb stomp my bases...

Also excited about the new relationships aspects will make the game feel more alive, besides can't you imagine all the internal conflict a colony would have between a small group of people..stuck with each other day and day out in dire conditions?

jzero

Quote from: silvervixen667 on January 31, 2016, 10:24:55 PM
So excited to here about A13! Although I don't know how much I will love the fact that event 'colonists' so to speak will come back again. Why do I get the feeling all the fleeing pawns I rejected are going to team-up as raiders and curb stomp my bases...

Also excited about the new relationships aspects will make the game feel more alive, besides can't you imagine all the internal conflict a colony would have between a small group of people..stuck with each other day and day out in dire conditions?

man.. i never thought about all the people ive kicked out coming back to destroy me. Huh, thats not a fun thought. And welcome to the forums!, if you ever need any human-skin clothing or fine human meals. I'm your guy  ;)
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

silvervixen667

Thank you! I have been lurking a lot, mainly in the mods section, but I just had to share my excitement. Think of all the angry old ladies coming after you...*shutter*. Or the potential heartbreak if a colonist's SO/brother/sister etc ends up on the opposite site and dies in conflict. I imagine said colonist would get a huge mood decrease upon finding the body...possible Romeo and Juilet would be for dramatics.

Snownova

Quote from: jzero on January 31, 2016, 10:40:16 PMIf you ever need any human-skin clothing or fine human meals. I'm your guy  ;)

Oh my, I hadn't even thought of the cannibalism/clothing issues with relationships. "This hat was my sister you monster!"

Imagine if clothing made from human leather listed the name(s) of the "donors" in the item description...

skullywag

wait wait wait, is there going to be "wearing a family member -30" thought? If theres not my mood -30
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

RickyMartini

Quote from: skullywag on February 01, 2016, 07:29:58 AM
wait wait wait, is there going to be "wearing a family member -30" thought? If theres not my mood -30

Wearing my husband -40
Wearing my lover -30
Wearing my friend -15

And also:

Killed family -30
Killed friend -20

Listen1

God, this is going to be hilarius.

Also, Visitor's bee hive trap.

mumblemumble

I also wonder if it will eventually effect combat / performance,  like hesitation, aggression, strong nerve, and other things from emotions either buffing or debuffing stuff.

Particularly cool if this could add / remove traits... Like a vengful pacifist becoming a willing fighter after seeing a loved one killed , or something else.

Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Skissor on February 01, 2016, 07:54:26 AM
Wearing my husband -40
Wearing my lover -30

Well. That depends on which part of "my husband" and "my lover" I'm wearing...and where. Given the right answers, it could be a mood bonus, instead.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Listen1

Well, that guy Darkeye killed my wife, but he was captured, and now he is in the prision.

I'm gonna shank him to death.

Vengence, +15 mood boost. Happens spontaneously.