Alpha 13 - New events are gonna be hilarious

Started by RickyMartini, January 28, 2016, 12:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. The topic is about the hilarity of new events in A13, and it's spread off to the mentality of transgenderism. At this point, I'm going to call "who cares" because fuck it, Rimworld isn't even capable of modeling the mentality of cannibalism, what's it going to do with transgenderism?

"It's just there" is a good way of coding it in A13, so we'll play it like that. Discussions about the things themselves should be brought up in another topic.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

jzero

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 14, 2016, 07:49:52 PM
I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. The topic is about the hilarity of new events in A13, and it's spread off to the mentality of transgenderism. At this point, I'm going to call "who cares" because fuck it, Rimworld isn't even capable of modeling the mentality of cannibalism, what's it going to do with transgenderism?

"It's just there" is a good way of coding it in A13, so we'll play it like that. Discussions about the things themselves should be brought up in another topic.

Yes. I feel like this topic has gotten WAY out of hand and we should if not give up on this than at LEAST start a new topic t continue the argument because this is getting a little rediculous
Actual cannibal shia labeouf.

b0rsuk

Quote from: Noobshock on January 28, 2016, 03:55:41 PM
One of the reasons John Carpenter's "The Thing" is a pretty cool movie, with a very gloomy and desperate feel, is because there are no women at all in the movie. It's like all those war movies without civilians, or video games without children NPCs (because someone might start killing them).
Bullshit, there could be a monster movie where a woman dies right away - you know, because women are physically weaker, more emotional, and probably more likely to die. No, it wouldn't be politically correct. "No women at all" is a cowardly way out. The closest movie I know is Planet of the Apes (1958), where the only woman on the spaceship, a sexy blonde, dies right at the start to a malfunctioning cryosleep casket.

As for "there shall be no this or no that" attitude, ancient Greece had gay sex, pedophilia, and more. Spartans dyed their hair before their most famous battle. Northern vikings were colorful and vain. If you know a bit of history, modern society looks prude and strict when it comes to male fashion. And those were some of the toughest, manliest bastard in history.

Tynan

I haven't read the whole thread at this point. But let me just drop in and remind people to keep things on topic.

Controversial discussions of real life topics have their place - in the off topic forum. Around here the discussion should relate to the game and the OP, please.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Headshotkill

*WARNING THREAD DERAILMENT HAS OCCURED, EVACUATION IMMINENENT*

Fluffy (l2032)

bit late to the party, but whether you consider transsexuality to be a mental disorder or not, the fact is that transgender people exist. Why would we not have them in game?

On a final note, and not wanting to go too off-topic, but please consider that we are talking about real people here. Some of the things said here (and the tone in which they are said) could be extemely hurtful, please do try and keep that in mind - whatever your viewpoint is.

mumblemumble

I'm suprised ozzie Osborne didn't post here,  cause this was derailing from the crazy train.

Anyway,  if the bullet mechanics in v13 and all previous ones are fixed so misses do not have possibility to go through walls, i think firefights could be very different. Also, i think pretty much all decent size objects should act as minor cover. I did hear trees didn't act as cover, but idk if that is true. But i would like anything which is presumed above knee height to act as cover. Would certainly make jungle fighting neat, but i don't know if trees do,  or do not act as cover.

I would also love to see if emotions effected performance too,  depressed people sluggish,  angry people more aggressive / higher pain tolerance,  but these are pipe dreams.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Listen1

I can try saying something...

It is just a feature of the game. None was intended besides adding more content to the story generator.
In the game there will be people interacting with each other, there will be white, black, straight and gay, young and old. Is that a problem? They will only interact with each other.

So if you are going to discuss sexual preferences, I agree with Tynan, go to offtopic.

MAIN TOPIC: will we be able to do something similiar to the Hospitality mod? where you improve relations talking to another faction, and can even try to recruit someone that way.

Toggle

We're going to end up posting the same amount of off-topic though if everyone puts in their 2 cents before actually talking about the main topic.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

A Friend

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on February 15, 2016, 11:35:11 AM
We're going to end up posting the same amount of off-topic though if everyone puts in their 2 cents before actually talking about the main topic.

I'm too poor to have 2 cents...

Anyways, I wonder if prison break events would give you a notification when it occurs. Cause I think that it would too easy to solve by just sending your pawns with miniguns and power armor before they even get a a chance of getting a weapon themselves.

Perhaps it would only notify you once they've managed to breach your armory or got into a same room as a pawn and getting "spotted".
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

ItchyFlea

I am going to start enforcing Rule 5 with 24 hour temp-bans. Please stay on topic in this thread.
If you wish to discuss what was previously being discussed, or even put in your 2 cents about it, head on over to the Off-Topic subforum and create a thread there about that subject and have the discussion there.

I'm looking forward to the modding potential of the upcoming update. I'm hoping we can make the ground trade caravans do nasty things, such as bringing in a small secret raiding party from the pirate faction instead of things to trade.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

isistoy

Yeah!
Have guests playing nasty, and possibly stealing things or suddenly becoming hostiles when in your base.
Triggering/notifying as hostile through their actions or being sighted by a colonist is indeed a key part of it...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

mumblemumble

Holy shit i didn't even know about ground caravans... Actually,  what would be really cool is trapped items set to go off during a raid. You just bought a few m16s? They blow up and start fires,  because x asshole faction put thermite into them.

Might not happen but that sounds fun.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

ZestyLemons

Quote from: mumblemumble on February 16, 2016, 03:18:34 AM
Holy shit i didn't even know about ground caravans... Actually,  what would be really cool is trapped items set to go off during a raid. You just bought a few m16s? They blow up and start fires,  because x asshole faction put thermite into them.

Might not happen but that sounds fun.

Ground caravans are in? Damn that's cool, wonder if we'll get draggables like wagons or something with that.
Help out with the wiki!

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Divaya/
Wiki: http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/User:Zesty

Feel free to contact me about wiki questions or wiki admin stuff.

A Friend

How'd they do the caravan part though?

Muffalopacks? Centipedepacks? Thrumbopacks?
Oh yes!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"