[A17] Just Say No (v1.0)

Started by protobeard, September 12, 2017, 12:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

protobeard

Just Say No

A small mod to set the default drug policy on pawns to "No drugs" instead of the vanilla default of "Social drugs". If no policy named "No drugs" can be found, falls back to RimWorld's default behavior.

Why?

Taking drugs on rimworlds can be a dangerous endeavor, and I got tired of my best sharpshooters randomly being high on smokeleaf when a siege hits. This mod ensures that drug use is in my direct control.

Authors

* protobeard

How to Install

* Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
* Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Requirements

* Requires HugsLib to be placed above this mod in the load order.

Compatibility

* Not extensively tested, but this mod is extremely small. Should be compatible with most other mods.
* Can be added and removed to existing saves.

Downloads

* Steam
* GitHub

Thanks To

* UnlimitedHugs for HugsLib
* Pardeike for Harmony

License

MIT -- feel free to use as you see fit. If you want to include this mod in a mod pack, or base a larger mod off of it, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Nameless

I'm confused. Wouldn't you just need to forbid people from taking any drugs at any circumstances and it would achieve the same thing? or does this also forbid those with chemical interest/fascination from taking drugs?

protobeard

All this mod does is change the default setting on Pawns to the "No drugs" policy instead of "Social drugs" -- so yeah, it's pretty easy to achieve the same thing in vanilla by changing the drug policy on each pawn as you recruit them. But since I often forget to do that I made this mod.

It does not prevent pawns with chemical interest/fascination from taking drugs.

skullywag

just change the default policy that vanilla sets to not have any drugs in it, this mod just removes one step i do at the start of every game. Only have to do it once.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?