[A13] Combat Realism v.1.6.5 (08.05.16) Final release

Started by NoImageAvailable, January 29, 2015, 12:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllenWL

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 28, 2016, 09:30:03 AM
Armor vests are great, but I need stuff to protect my colonist's limbs before power armor
Uh... try getting some clothing made of heavy-duty materials?
I think leather is pretty protective and cheap, or you could go for synthread, hyperweave, or devilstrand. Don't think they'll do much against bullets, but should keep limbs from flying off, and protect against arrows.

And speaking of pre-gun weapons, I think I'll go check out what pila can do against armored targets when I get the time.

dareddevil7

Quote from: AllenWL on April 28, 2016, 06:42:49 PM
Armor vests are great, but I need stuff to protect my colonist's limbs before power armor
I think leather is pretty protective and cheap, or you could go for synthread, hyperweave, or devilstrand. Don't think they'll do much against bullets, but should keep limbs from flying off, and protect against arrows.

And speaking of pre-gun weapons, I think I'll go check out what pila can do against armored targets when I get the time.
Until we get armor for arms and legs, I'll just have to make my colonists wear hyperweave jackets and pants.

dareddevil7

Krutchen

Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 28, 2016, 06:56:34 PM

Until we get armor for arms and legs, I'll just have to make my colonists wear hyperweave jackets and pants.

I might actually play around with this now that I think of it. One could always make shell layer (Power Armour & Duster layer) armour for arms and legs in the form of like, arm and knee pads, and that would really do the trick for pre-power armour limb protection.

Also, I played around with bow accuracy and increased arrow armour pen a little bit, after throwing together steel + plasteel arrows, I personally think this is a more acceptable level for them. Didn't touch Pilas though because those things have like 5 range.
Arrows are bumped to .14, .16, and .18 for the respective tiers
Great Arrows are .18, .2, and .24.
Do note, a steel vest can still stop these projectiles dead in their tracks, so they're far from being OP.

I Increased bow accuracy to the following values :
Short Bow : .38 aim efficiency (from .52), .85 spread (div in half for in game values, .425)
Great Bow : .35 aim efficiency (from .52), .7 spread (.35), range 35 (27+8), warmup 1.67s (100 ticks)
Needless to say, you still can't hit shit with snapshots, aimed all the way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5vbiw3jzzorrqr/CombatRealism-1.6.3%2Bbowbalance.zip?dl=0

I hope NoImage doesn't mind me trying to contribute, hopefully you will all find bows a bit more useful.

crusader2010

Is it possible to make an optional "patch" to remove the need to craft ammo?
I mean, what do I have to change (in the defs?) such that all weapons have infinite ammo by default (and possibly disable ammo crafting)?

I like the reload mechanic with the extra added time needed for it and such. My only issue is with the ammo crafting (and very low numbers at the start).

Thanks! :)
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Krutchen

Quote from: crusader2010 on April 28, 2016, 07:37:13 PM
Is it possible to make an optional "patch" to remove the need to craft ammo?
I mean, what do I have to change (in the defs?) such that all weapons have infinite ammo by default (and possibly disable ammo crafting)?

Thanks! :)

You would have to go into the CR project in Visual Basic and change stuff around in Verb_ShootCR.cs, because there's internal ammo checks for most of that stuff.

protected override bool TryCastShot()
        {
            if (compAmmo != null)
            {
                if (!compAmmo.TryReduceAmmoCount())
                {
                    if (compAmmo.hasMagazine)
                        compAmmo.StartReload();
                    return false;
                }
            }
            return base.TryCastShot();
        }

Alternatively, however, you could git gud.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Krutchen on April 28, 2016, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: dareddevil7 on April 28, 2016, 06:56:34 PM

I might actually play around with this now that I think of it. One could always make shell layer (Power Armour & Duster layer) armour for arms and legs in the form of like, arm and knee pads, and that would really do the trick for pre-power armour limb protection.

Also, I played around with bow accuracy and increased arrow armour pen a little bit, after throwing together steel + plasteel arrows, I personally think this is a more acceptable level for them. Didn't touch Pilas though because those things have like 5 range.
Arrows are bumped to .14, .16, and .18 for the respective tiers
Great Arrows are .18, .2, and .24.
Do note, a steel vest can still stop these projectiles dead in their tracks, so they're far from being OP.

I Increased bow accuracy to the following values :
Short Bow : .38 aim efficiency (from .52), .85 spread (div in half for in game values, .425)
Great Bow : .35 aim efficiency (from .52), .7 spread (.35), range 35 (27+8), warmup 1.67s (100 ticks)
Needless to say, you still can't hit shit with snapshots, aimed all the way.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5vbiw3jzzorrqr/CombatRealism-1.6.3%2Bbowbalance.zip?dl=0

I hope NoImage doesn't mind me trying to contribute, hopefully you will all find bows a bit more useful.
Sounds great

SteelRev

replaced 1.6.2 with 1.6.3 and now my log is getting spammed by tick messages.

is it time to scrap the colony?

edit: deconstructing the benches fixed the issue.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Aatxe360

Is there a .txt somewhere that gives an idea of which ammo for which weapon?  I have an assault rifle, but I do not know what ammo particular ammo it needs.  I do not know how to gun.  Plz help.

dareddevil7

Quote from: Aatxe360 on April 28, 2016, 09:06:59 PM
Is there a .txt somewhere that gives an idea of which ammo for which weapon?  I have an assault rifle, but I do not know what ammo particular ammo it needs.  I do not know how to gun.  Plz help.
If you add the assault rifle, or any gun for that matter, to a loadout, a little icon of 3 bullets with a plus in the middle will appear, click that and it lets you add the ammo for that weapon to the loadout

Goldenpotatoes

Hunting with any kind of rifle seems to be a very, very good way to waste all of your ammo. Seeing how the game typically puts your colonist at max range when hunting, even with a skill 10 shooter thats firing single shots on 'aimed', they're still missing a good chunk of their shots. Probably because they typically set themselves between a mountain and several forests if they have anything other than a pistol or shotgun.

AllenWL

Quote from: Aatxe360 on April 28, 2016, 09:06:59 PM
Click on the weapon, click on the little white 'i' that appears on the upper right of the little info tab thing to get the in-depth info tab. That'll tell you want ammo it uses.

I'm pretty sure an assault rifle uses the 5.56x45mm NATO ammo though.

SteelRev

Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 28, 2016, 09:27:57 PM
Hunting with any kind of rifle seems to be a very, very good way to waste all of your ammo. Seeing how the game typically puts your colonist at max range when hunting, even with a skill 10 shooter thats firing single shots on 'aimed', they're still missing a good chunk of their shots. Probably because they typically set themselves between a mountain and several forests if they have anything other than a pistol or shotgun.
my pawns with assault rifles are closing to within 20 or 30 cells before they are firing, in burst mode, useing 3-9 shots..... well except for the nutjob with the LMG, he is standing at the front door shooting full auto at a muffalo on the other side of the map. he burned up almost all of his inventory ammo before i noticed him because i was babysitting the shotgunner that moved to the middle of the heard to begin her shooting.

carpediembr

Quote from: SteelRev on April 28, 2016, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: Goldenpotatoes on April 28, 2016, 09:27:57 PM
my pawns with assault rifles are closing to within 20 or 30 cells before they are firing, in burst mode, useing 3-9 shots..... well except for the nutjob with the LMG, he is standing at the front door shooting full auto at a muffalo on the other side of the map. he burned up almost all of his inventory ammo before i noticed him because i was babysitting the shotgunner that moved to the middle of the heard to begin her shooting.
Issue is when one of those nutjob colonists get attacked back by an animal and crosses the firing pattern of other colonists... and for the love of all mighty things, he just decide to take cover and let the animal eat him.

SteelRev

QuoteIssue is when one of those nutjob colonists get attacked back by an animal and crosses the firing pattern of other colonists... and for the love of all mighty things, he just decide to take cover and let the animal eat him.

Yea we need the draft command to be able to override the running for cover. "Dammit pawn, go behind the wall not the marble chunk in the clearing."