[A17/A18] [WIP] Warhammer 40k Corruption

Started by Cpt.Ohu, December 22, 2016, 05:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirskips

Also its hard to get an error report as I had one before but it was playable with. Now the report shows up and is way bigger and Im having trouble find where the old one ends and the new shit begins. Something from the alien framework side of this and the faction color side of this conflict with allot of my old mods. Dont worry to hard about it as Im not even sure on my end. I will just have questions from time to time to help narrow it down.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: sirskips on August 19, 2017, 07:25:48 PM
Ok so I dont have faction colors stand alone only corruption and AR. So what would the load order for these 3 mods be AR Faction colors and Corruption. What I think your saying is the order goes faction colors, AR, then corruption. Or are you saying put AR before corruption and forget faction colors.

Basically: Forget the standalone version and just use Corruption. All other mods using Faction Colors will still work.

sirskips

ok well I am not using it anyway. I bet it cults or maybe even ship parts.

sirskips

https://gist.github.com/3fe9e2b3970e2bb2f9bd2bc3fbb2e622 Ignore anything that says animal. I get this on start up the animals parts of the error I have had forever and the game ran fine something after that went wrong.

sirskips

https://gist.github.com/5594c569c90293f1036c4ba4e889beab this one is from in game but didnt cause a crash. I dont always play on dev mode, will a crash happen when dev mode is off where an error appears when dev mode is on?

sirskips

https://gist.github.com/390ce502900fb9d7a1c92a9c92a69c65 Last one its repeated and would not stop I tried closing it for a about minute before I gave up and closed Rimworld.

Cpt.Ohu

I don't know that to tell you. There are >200 mods running. The last error is an out of memory error, so there is too much going on for the game to handle. This in itself doesn't really help in narrowing down the origin of the error, since there is no reference to anything specific to this mod.

Did you try and start a new colony, or continue with an existing savegame?

sirskips

Start a new all the time when testing mods. Do you have allot of music in the mod cause that can eat thru memory.

sirskips

Did a huge mod list overhaul took me like 4 hours but it seems to be working now. Still get that attempting to pray error tho. When you get the time could you remember to do another bionic patch for RBSE http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850429707&searchtext=bionics. It adds over 50 different new parts it only needs a patch for the alien stuff. At some point it may be worth it as the mod has 10,000 subscribers. Thanks for all your help I am off to kill some zenos! Oh and an idea for slaanesh should be some thing dealing with over indulgence. They eat more, its take more drugs to build a tolerance, addiction doesnt hurt them as bad and they fuck around allot asking everybody to hook up! 

InfinityKage

Hey. Just wanted to stop by and let you know you are doing The Emperor's work son. Good damn job. Keep it up. We love you.

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: sirskips on August 20, 2017, 05:27:32 PM
Did a huge mod list overhaul took me like 4 hours but it seems to be working now. Still get that attempting to pray error tho. When you get the time could you remember to do another bionic patch for RBSE http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=850429707&searchtext=bionics. It adds over 50 different new parts it only needs a patch for the alien stuff. At some point it may be worth it as the mod has 10,000 subscribers. Thanks for all your help I am off to kill some zenos! Oh and an idea for slaanesh should be some thing dealing with over indulgence. They eat more, its take more drugs to build a tolerance, addiction doesnt hurt them as bad and they fuck around allot asking everybody to hook up!

That's the way I wanted to go with Slaaneshi, but at the time it seemed way to difficult to change all that behavior. Now though...

Quote from: InfinityKage on August 21, 2017, 03:24:26 AM
Hey. Just wanted to stop by and let you know you are doing The Emperor's work son. Good damn job. Keep it up. We love you.

Thank you, comments like this keep me motivated during hours of bugfixing.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 21, 2017, 03:24:47 PM

You are more than welcome sir. You've earned it. I've read through all 15 pages of comments and I was getting angry because in my opinion there was too much complaining and not enough praise. I felt like people seemed a bit... entitled. They don't realize this is a labour of love for you that you provide free of charge and that's amazing.

Anyway. In other news. I do have a few critiques if you want them. Mostly about weapons. Actually at the moment it's all about weapons. A lot of your weapons have the same name but different stats which is kinda confusing. Also some of them have the same description on different weapons. Some of the descriptions also don't make sense. Like describing a weapon as long range when it's not. Also the stats for the weapons are all over the place, with some being quite weak for what they are and some being grossly overpowered.

With all these things said I would like to offer my help if i can. I keep an updated spreadsheet of all the weapons that I run into in Rimworld. Updated with weapons from tons of different mods. So I might be uniquely qualified to help you out with balancing and fixing descriptions and the like. Do you have a list of all the weapons and stats and descriptions that you could send me and I can send you back suggested revisions?

Anyway. Keep up the good work mate.

P.s. Let me know if you would like access to my weapons stats spreadsheet and I'll link it for you.

Edit: A couple of other things. The quotes of Kikaro or whatever it's called does not appear to have a texture. I think I've read that in the comments somewhere so you might already know that. Also the Pulse Rifle appears to be glitched. It has not texture and you can't pull up it's statistics in game. Just shows a blank screen.

Edit 2: In the end I crashed to desktop. I have a bunch of mods installed so I can't be 100% certain if your mod is the problem. But it is the only mod different from what I normally run. I'm not sure if the output log will help you b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶. Well. Turns out it's too big to put as an attachment so...

Andellmere

Just a quick bit of feedback: Praying is annoying as hell. My fanatic pawns seem to think it's a joy activity and lock themselves in their rooms for days on end praying. Which leads to them getting the debuffs for being joydeprived, which leads to "Praying 2: Pray harder".
I don't mind the praying thing but please do something about frequency as having pawns that lock themselves away for one day out of every two for several weeks is a mite unfun.
If anyone else is having this issue: Forbid the door to their room after moving them out of it. Solves the problem and sends them to do an actual joy activity that will improve their mood.

EDIT: If you cancel a prayer service, your pawns will still attempt to go to it, but will become stuck and the job never finishes. If you lock them out of the temple/sermon area they take off for the far corners of the map.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Andellmere on August 21, 2017, 09:55:35 PM
Just a quick bit of feedback: Praying is annoying as hell. My fanatic pawns seem to think it's a joy activity and lock themselves in their rooms for days on end praying. Which leads to them getting the debuffs for being joydeprived, which leads to "Praying 2: Pray harder".
I don't mind the praying thing but please do something about frequency as having pawns that lock themselves away for one day out of every two for several weeks is a mite unfun.
If anyone else is having this issue: Forbid the door to their room after moving them out of it. Solves the problem and sends them to do an actual joy activity that will improve their mood.

EDIT: If you cancel a prayer service, your pawns will still attempt to go to it, but will become stuck and the job never finishes. If you lock them out of the temple/sermon area they take off for the far corners of the map.

I ran into this issue too with my Adeptes Astartes. He prayed in his room for hours on end. I ended up "fixing" him by drafting him and undrafting him. He prayed one last time after that and then finally went about his bizzness.

Cpt.Ohu

I apologize, I've just now started moving some stuff into Xpatches, and seems I forgot removing the actual modified Defs for praying. The base chance was set to 80 for testing, hence your pawns will pray until they die.

I removed the Def, and the chance is set to its vanilla value.

Quote from: InfinityKage on August 21, 2017, 06:12:05 PM
Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on August 21, 2017, 03:24:47 PM

You are more than welcome sir. You've earned it. I've read through all 15 pages of comments and I was getting angry because in my opinion there was too much complaining and not enough praise. I felt like people seemed a bit... entitled. They don't realize this is a labour of love for you that you provide free of charge and that's amazing.

Anyway. In other news. I do have a few critiques if you want them. Mostly about weapons. Actually at the moment it's all about weapons. A lot of your weapons have the same name but different stats which is kinda confusing. Also some of them have the same description on different weapons. Some of the descriptions also don't make sense. Like describing a weapon as long range when it's not. Also the stats for the weapons are all over the place, with some being quite weak for what they are and some being grossly overpowered.

With all these things said I would like to offer my help if i can. I keep an updated spreadsheet of all the weapons that I run into in Rimworld. Updated with weapons from tons of different mods. So I might be uniquely qualified to help you out with balancing and fixing descriptions and the like. Do you have a list of all the weapons and stats and descriptions that you could send me and I can send you back suggested revisions?

Anyway. Keep up the good work mate.

P.s. Let me know if you would like access to my weapons stats spreadsheet and I'll link it for you.

Edit: A couple of other things. The quotes of Kikaro or whatever it's called does not appear to have a texture. I think I've read that in the comments somewhere so you might already know that. Also the Pulse Rifle appears to be glitched. It has not texture and you can't pull up it's statistics in game. Just shows a blank screen.

Edit 2: In the end I crashed to desktop. I have a bunch of mods installed so I can't be 100% certain if your mod is the problem. But it is the only mod different from what I normally run. I'm not sure if the output log will help you b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶. Well. Turns out it's too big to put as an attachment so...

The Cicero book is one of the more baffling bugs, because I just do not get that on both my Desktop and my Laptop during tests. The texture is there and works just fine. Can you check the textures folder for "Things/Items/Books/Cover_BookOldA.png"? All book textures are in there, if they are missing that would explain that. Another question: Are you using any of Mrofa's mods?

Same goes for pulse rifle, it works fine here.

I do not have a list of all weapons, and balancing was always something I struggled with. So some help in that department is always appreciated. I'll compile a list later on.