Issue with Generating Pawns in Raids/Sieges

Started by Vherid, June 12, 2015, 03:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

So ive replaced the lolife gun with the sniperrifle and changed the weapon tag to metroscout and the parent to metrogun, I copied the mercenary sniper pawnkind and renamed it mscout, i copied the outlander faction and renamed it hansa and added mscout as its only pawn kind....it still errors...this is the craziest error ive ever experienced in RW.....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vherid

Yeah I don't know. I will tweet to tynan or something.

Tynan

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of trouble following the whole discussion. Can anyone summarize real quick?

1. What's going wrong
2. What you expected to happen
3. What did happen
4. Suggested fix, if there is any

I can release a fix in the upcoming hotfix.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

skullywag

ok so created a new faction (renamed a core one)
created a new pawnkind (again renamed a core one)
Added pawnkind to faction spawn list deleted the rest so its the only one that spawns
Made pawn kind use weapontag "MetroScout"
created a new weapon (copied the sniper rifle)
tagged the new sniper rifle with "MetroScout" it also gets "MetroGun" from the parent (exactly like the sniper rifle where it gets "gun" as well as "SniperRifle")
Spawn high point raid from new faction and it errors.

Change MetroScout to MetroGun in pawnkind def and it works fine.

I think that was it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Vherid

Yeah basically as skullywag said,

The game breaks and spits an error while trying to spawn a modded pawn kind in a modded faction, with modded weapons. It has been narrowed down to something very weird going on with weapon tags. This is obviously an issue when trying to start sieges/raids or directly spawning pawns via debug.

Should just spawn/generate properly, as the files have been scrutinized quite enough for any sort of minor errors, hopefully.

After a lot of toying around with the tags, as I've said it's been narrowed down to the use of the weapontags for some reason. I have a bunch of weapons set up with multiple and different tags for each so that, when I say spawn a sniper or a heavy trooper, they are picking from a proper assortment of weapons. For some reason, doing this causes massive errors to break out. If I change all the "class" tags to just the overhead "MetroGun" tag, the game works fine.

This is the equivalent of Using the sniper rifle tag being broken, but then using just gun working perfectly fine. There's something odd happening somewhere and we have yet to figure out why or how to fix it.

Tynan

Ok, could you just post a zip with the mod that causes the error? I'll just install the mod and debug from there. It's almost certainly some dumb mistake in my code. Thanks.

Vherid

Quote from: Tynan on June 13, 2015, 09:06:16 PM
Ok, could you just post a zip with the mod that causes the error? I'll just install the mod and debug from there. It's almost certainly some dumb mistake in my code. Thanks.

No problem, thank you as well.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/78tiys1gkgoq8us/MetroT.zip?dl=0

Tynan

Luckily it's a simple issue. Some of your weapons don't have CompEquippables. I just added a config error check for this. Here's the list for now:

Vherid

Oh wow, it was something stupid on my part, thanks