[1.0] Orassans 🐱

Started by Diana Winters, July 28, 2016, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on changing the look of the Orassans to more match the added storyteller. Do you want this?

Yes; I want a more cat-like look
No; keep the neko look
I don't care

Diana Winters

Quote from: zmulder on November 27, 2017, 07:07:22 PM
I get the feeling that this is not the way the body is supposed to look

I only have Alien Framework, Prepare Carefully and Orassans loaded. (all from Steam and its the same without prepare carefully)

This is a framework related bug and it is being addressed

Bluntflame

is there a way to get the milk patch for A17?

Diana Winters

Bluntflame

how do you milk the orrasans in the milk patch?

Diana Winters

Quote from: Bluntflame on December 04, 2017, 06:22:13 PM
how do you milk the orrasans in the milk patch?

Have the handle job enabled on the pawn or their lover

Diana Winters

Update 6: New textures and weapons, and added Neo-Concrete. You make Neo-Concrete at the stonecutting table with rock powder (made from stone chunks.)

FalkrimWright

"ColdFang" pattern Orassans Surivial ShortBlade:
This blade used by orassans troopers for close combat in spaceship corridors or in pair with pistol or SMG and by rimworld colonists for daily jobs

Force field for better slashing and combat power
Cool and ergonomic handle with place to store a small survival kit
Can be used for cutting metalic fences and barbed wire. With strong attack blade can pierce through power armor.
Serrated blade can be used like small saw

Basic Damage - 29-32
Costs
Plasteel - 15
Metal - 75
Uranium - 3
Jade - 3
Component - 2

Uranium, plasteel and jade using for handle, power field generator and powercell. Also, i don't invented how indicate a material - maybe handle?

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

QuoteUranium, plasteel and jade using for handle, power field generator and powercell.
Shouldn't have all Orassan's weapons need Uranium, they are all powered weapons with integrated powercell ? :-))

FalkrimWright

Because it's powerblade)

Variation without power field generator need only 15 Plasteel and 75 metal but damage reduced to 17-19

Diana Winters

Quote from: MrDani on December 19, 2017, 06:19:01 AM
Because it's powerblade)

Variation without power field generator need only 15 Plasteel and 75 metal but damage reduced to 17-19

It's a decent drawing, but it doesn't really go with the other assets Orassans use.

FalkrimWright

A bit fixed variations. Total recolor for more canon look

Diana Winters

Quote from: MrDani on December 19, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

They're well drawn, but they just don't look like the rest of the Orassan weaponry, nor do they look like practically designed swords

kubolek01

So how do YOU see it Diana?
Quote from: Diana Winters on December 19, 2017, 10:42:31 PM
Quote from: MrDani on December 19, 2017, 03:39:42 PM

They're well drawn, but they just don't look like the rest of the Orassan weaponry, nor do they look like practically designed swords
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Diana Winters

Quote from: kubolek01 on December 20, 2017, 07:59:48 AM
So how do YOU see it Diana?
I'm not sure how you want me to elaborate. If I'm gonna add something it needs to be consistent with other assets

Dagoras

Hmm since the discussion is regarding new assets i have a question,

the Orassan are highly advanced and even got an orbital shield that protects them from bombardement, so why dont they got a personal shield from wich they could fire their weapons ( like a normal personal shield but energy weapons can fire from the inside to the outside ), i mean their advanced exo-armor is n1, but they still burn to death or get wrecked by doom-launchers, so some kind of advanced shield belt would certainly be cool, if it fits lore wise ( since building a big shield-generator is easier than miniaturize them, on the other hand there are already shield belt existing so... ) if people find it overpowered, maybe there could be mod settings so handle the capacity, recharge rate and recharge delay, maybe add an function where you need to manually charge them at a special charge station?

But to add to the melee weapon, i certainly would love some kind of advanced blades like small survival knifes or big combat swords, or since we are speaking of space faring cats, some claw-like weapons ( like the ingame power claw ) or tailblades would certainly be cool aswell.