ate without table?

Started by zandadoum, December 17, 2016, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

Heya,

so I have a colonist who CONSTANTLY has the "ate without table" debuff...

but... he is the frigging COOK!!!! he barely ever leaves the kitchen and the dining table (which everyone else uses) is right there! his work schedule is the same than the rest of people, his bedroom is even closer than other people... and I don't get why he just can't at the table like the rest of people?

Canute

1. which version ?
2. did you watch the pawn when he want/need to eat. What happen at the table ?

Ashiver

It could be he is working so much that he works until he is starved to the point that the game makes him eat his meal standing.  It could also be that you just don't have enough chairs.  It is an annoying debuff, I always wind up building either an extremely long dining room or several to make sure there are always tables and chairs, pawns will often eat standing otherwise.

Spdskatr

No, a colonist's 'find table to eat' radius is around 15 from when they decide to eat, and colonists often take a meal into their inventory, so these two combined makes it really annoying for colonists to eat at tables unless you provide multiple dining rooms, especially if the kitchen is far away from the dining room. If only there was a mod...

My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Canute

Yeah these Survivial meals should have a buildin table&stool for outdoor use ! :-)

Sirportalez

Survival meals eaten without a table shouldn't create a debuff.

@op: I bet you haven't enough chairs.

lilymortis

I was getting the same debuff with my prisoner, who would stand next to the table and eat. The stool was directly between the wall and table. I moved the stool around the table and now he's using it. I've moved the table in the kitchen away from the wall also, so there is at least one square between the chairs and the wall.

milon

Regarding tables & chairs:
- the chair must be adjacent to the table
- the chair must be facing the table (diagonals don't count)
- the table square must not be claimed by another colonist already:

oooo
o####o
o####o
oooo

o = chair
# = table

If 2 colonists try to use the north-west corner of the above table, one will "eat off the ground".  This next table is much better:

oooo
####
####
oooo

Grishnerf

i think the most common issue for pawns eating not at a table is the food Need and no time for colonists to "idle" around to fill that.
the answer is to give them 1-2 more free/joy hours around the day so they can eat before they get under the critical Food need mark. sometimes only 1 freehour between work schedules is not enough for everyone to get to the table/Food.
also if the table it is too far away they will eat what is nearest.
Born in Toxic Fallout
Drop-Pod Escape Artist

milon

Yeah, being "out in the field" with no tables nearby often causes them to eat without a table too.  I like the freetime idea, and I've already been enforcing 1-2hrs/day to keep mood up, but that's another reason to enforce joy time.

Hieronymous Alloy

I've seen this on colonists who were actively sitting and eating at a (small) table. Either the duration of the debuff is oddly long or it doesn't reset until the eating task is complete or small tables don't coibt or something.
My Rimworld guide on steam (updated for A16!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813720217

milon

It must be a duration thing. Small tables do count, as long as the colonist can actually sit on a chair facing the table and the matching table cell isn't already in use.

GiantSpaceHamster

Quote from: Sirportalez on December 19, 2016, 05:52:37 AM
Survival meals eaten without a table shouldn't create a debuff.

@op: I bet you haven't enough chairs.

I agree, with this caveat: The survival meal itself should provide a debuff (don't they already?)