[MOD] (Alpha 5) MechaniRim v0.5-Hydrogen power generation, storage trunks +more!

Started by mipen, August 07, 2014, 07:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mipen

MechaniRim
Description:
MechaniRim aims to add many new ways of automation and production. From automated production of the building material clay, to producing power from hydrogen, to storing large amounts of items in trunks. Many research options and late game tech to use.

Features:
>>Automated building resource production
>>Automatic miners for a reliable source of minerals
>>Hydrogen and oxygen production
>>Hydrogen power generation
>>Storage trunks for storing a large amount of a single item
And other minor additions

How to:
>>Do lots of research to unlock things, most research options are unlocked from vanilla research (like the fertiliser pump)
>>Place buildings, most will have a small indication of what they need in their description

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/af0w5rqwpjgf83z/MechaniRim%20v0.5.rar

Please let me know if there is anything you would like me to add, or if you have any problems with the mod.

Changelog:

[v0.5]
>>First release

Geoblazer5

Quick question, does this replace the clay mod or do I still need it?

mipen

Quote from: Geoblazer5 on August 07, 2014, 10:20:49 PM
Quick question, does this replace the clay mod or do I still need it?
This replaces it, so you don't need the old Clay Mod any more. What was in that is in this =]

Fukara

Great work man,

is possible to increase the holding capacity of Storage trunks ????

mipen

Quote from: Fukara on August 08, 2014, 03:01:14 PM
Great work man,

is possible to increase the holding capacity of Storage trunks ????
In the next update I am going to make it defined in the xml Def and increase it a bit, so yes definitely! :) I might just do that as a quick update today

coolflash

@mipen, cool mod!

I found an issue where the game could not convert '3' to Binary form for the Fissure Generator. This kinda stopped the game from loading  incidents. Sorry, I removed the mod and so don't have a log to show you.

Have you encountered this error?

mesmerwolf

I'm having trouble placing the clay extractor. It says I need to place it on water, but when I try to do so it tells me "The terrain here cannot support this." Any help is appreciated!

mipen

Quote from: mesmerwolf on August 15, 2014, 08:41:59 PM
I'm having trouble placing the clay extractor. It says I need to place it on water, but when I try to do so it tells me "The terrain here cannot support this." Any help is appreciated!
Are you using alpha 6? I haven't gotten around to updating the mod so it won't work with alpha 6 yet

mesmerwolf

Quote from: mipen on August 15, 2014, 08:44:14 PM
Are you using alpha 6? I haven't gotten around to updating the mod so it won't work with alpha 6 yet
Hmm that might be my problem...

Plasmatic

Quote from: mesmerwolf on August 15, 2014, 09:21:45 PM
Quote from: mipen on August 15, 2014, 08:44:14 PM
Hmm that might be my problem...

I was coming here to request you update it, but I guess you have already marked it down on your todo list :)

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!