[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on February 29, 2016, 03:10:52 PM
Thanks for the replies:)

I did a small edit when I found out the power saving on the lighted walls. I removed it so I can have my bright bases and will just pay for the extra power use of always being on.
I also could not find a quick fix the the vents on conduit walls so just going to suck up the texture difference that the normal walls have.

THe animal map wipes are fun but I pointed it out as it might not been what was planned so thanks again.

Great mod pack , really pushed the game up to 11, I am looking forward to seeing if I can break it and get my 1000+ pawn raids going again.

Thank you all for your work.
The animals wiping the map have been mentioned a couple times by people, so judging by the responses I'd say they don't like that idea too much. Not very realistic if environments are unable to sustain themselves with carnivores and herbivores (not factoring in events like raptors).

Your mention of the lighted wall actually made me notice errors on some other walls that I'm fixing now. Some redundancy, material cost wrong, materials not applied. Those kinds of goodies. Also noticed a couple of issues in research that I'll have to get to as well. I'll modify the utility lighted wall to be always on, and the motion lighted wall to only be on when near. That way both are different instead of being identical in behavior. Descriptions will note it.
One wall will be removed due to redundancy.

Glad you like the pack. :) I enjoy doing what I can to help improve it.

Slywyn

Been having a ton of fun with this pack so far. Haven't really found any issues with it that I can report, though I haven't gotten too far in.

About 4 Colonies managed to die before they got very established. The first one I attempted with the "Crash Landing" mod and the reactor landed in the area we were trapped in and I couldn't mine out fast enough before everyone died to radiation. :(

I tried again, but found out that you can't forbid an area, only items within it, and people kept walking through the radiation, getting sick, requiring medicine, needing to be healed, and then walking right through it again. I started my next few without Crash Landing because I just couldn't figure out how to deal with the radiation.

Third colony died because a room with Mechanoids in it spawned without one of it's walls, meaning all of my colonists were dead before they could really even get out of the area. I think that's a record for the shortest world I've ever had.

Fourth colony just ran out of food before I could do anything to prevent it, one of the growers getting upset at sleeping outside didn't help. =p

This new colony I've started is doing mostly okay so far. Have basic living spaces set up and production's just started.

Basically: Pack's fun, and I'm enjoying it.

Masquerine

Quote from: Slywyn on February 29, 2016, 06:58:56 PM
Been having a ton of fun with this pack so far. Haven't really found any issues with it that I can report, though I haven't gotten too far in.

About 4 Colonies managed to die before they got very established. The first one I attempted with the "Crash Landing" mod and the reactor landed in the area we were trapped in and I couldn't mine out fast enough before everyone died to radiation. :(

I tried again, but found out that you can't forbid an area, only items within it, and people kept walking through the radiation, getting sick, requiring medicine, needing to be healed, and then walking right through it again. I started my next few without Crash Landing because I just couldn't figure out how to deal with the radiation.

Third colony died because a room with Mechanoids in it spawned without one of it's walls, meaning all of my colonists were dead before they could really even get out of the area. I think that's a record for the shortest world I've ever had.

Fourth colony just ran out of food before I could do anything to prevent it, one of the growers getting upset at sleeping outside didn't help. =p

This new colony I've started is doing mostly okay so far. Have basic living spaces set up and production's just started.

Basically: Pack's fun, and I'm enjoying it.
You mention Crash Landing, so I'm assuming an older version is being played as Crash Landing is currently set aside to resolve a CCL issue. However, when you get a crashed reactor, if you click on it there is a "create allow area" or something button. It basically sets the entire map except for the danger zone as an allowed area, so you can set pawns to that zone to keep them out of it. You can manage the zone under the Restrictions tab, and then assign pawns to it there. Quick and easy way to keep them safe.

Slywyn

I grabbed the version that you can get from the first post on the thread.

It's set to optional, I enabled it because the idea seemed interesting.

I did not know that about the allowed areas, however. I could only figure out how to confine people to home, and I wanted them to be able to roam the map but not go near the reactor. =p

Masquerine

Quote from: Slywyn on February 29, 2016, 07:19:59 PM
I grabbed the version that you can get from the first post on the thread.

It's set to optional, I enabled it because the idea seemed interesting.

I did not know that about the allowed areas, however. I could only figure out how to confine people to home, and I wanted them to be able to roam the map but not go near the reactor. =p
That first page link is actually a bit old now, from Christmas eve I believe. A new public release is planned soon, but you can grab the latest in-progress update from Github. It has everything that has been changed since the last public release, which is far too many things to list. You can find it from the following link, the "download zip" will be on the right side. https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK

Follow the same install instructions with a clean copy of Rimworld and off you go, enjoying all the updates! This way too if you do happen to encounter any errors, it'll be fresh, new things to fix instead of old ones that had already been fixed.

Going to go over the research descriptions and correct them. A few are outdated from changes made to certain buildings. Also a few bugged entries for some reason. Will know more soon.

Slywyn

Well I'm gonna let this world run it's course and then try out the new release!

FatJesusSavesYou

Don't know if anyone has said this but the LMG M249 SAW caused my colonist to never stop making 1 thing and causing them to starve/exhausted. Only way to fix it was to pick up a different gun.  :'(

Masquerine

Quote from: FatJesusSavesYou on March 01, 2016, 06:10:38 AM
Don't know if anyone has said this but the LMG M249 SAW caused my colonist to never stop making 1 thing and causing them to starve/exhausted. Only way to fix it was to pick up a different gun.  :'(
I'll take a look at it. It is probably lacking the unfinished tag. Yup, looks like all guns are. The unfinished tag prevents the item from trying to swap material types/item types while it is still being made, which leads to the starvation/exhaustion from failing to finish. Will fix.
I had applied this to apparel, melee weapons and neolithic weapons not long ago, but not guns.
Nickel Ore was sharing defname with Nickel Alloy, causing the alloy to no longer exist and the ore being used in its place. Fixing.
Also found instance of titanium bar being given instead of ilmenite ore. Fixed.

Mrshilka

BlackVoid - after 1-2 hour full darkness with some kind monsters(really fast and deadly) but they don't liked the light
(must stay in lighted room)

Had this black void event trigger on my map, while in my base that is drawing over 1000w of power for the lights alone where no part of it is considered in darkness they still spawned and wiped out my entire colony, they would spawn out of the lights.

Is this event broken or unbalanced?

Either lighting is far too dark, (and frankly I think they are) so the mobs spawn anyway.
Or the event is bugged and spawns wherever it pleases which means you die when 40 or 50 14 dps melee pawns spawn ontop of your people and kill them all in 1 or 2 hits.

This is apart of the custom events mod added in 2.5.

Masquerine

Quote from: Mrshilka on March 01, 2016, 12:21:33 PM
BlackVoid - after 1-2 hour full darkness with some kind monsters(really fast and deadly) but they don't liked the light
(must stay in lighted room)

Had this black void event trigger on my map, while in my base that is drawing over 1000w of power for the lights alone where no part of it is considered in darkness they still spawned and wiped out my entire colony, they would spawn out of the lights.

Is this event broken or unbalanced?

Either lighting is far too dark, (and frankly I think they are) so the mobs spawn anyway.
Or the event is bugged and spawns wherever it pleases which means you die when 40 or 50 14 dps melee pawns spawn ontop of your people and kill them all in 1 or 2 hits.

This is apart of the custom events mod added in 2.5.
That event is supposed to let them spawn anywhere that is dark enough, but they vanish when they enter a light area. Sounds like a bit of a conflict on the values of allow/disallowed. Sky would know more as he's the one that made this event. I sent him a message about it.

Just tried the event and there was a spammy ticker error. I'm not sure what that means but I know it shouldn't be there.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Mrshilka

Np I just wanted to report it, I can counter it via dev code as needed but other might run into this issue:)

Slywyn

I switched to the new build and I think I finally have a somewhat stable colony going. I had to make relatively OP colonists and have 5 of them, but I'm finally doing well I think.

Edit: A wanderer showed up, naked, with a melee weapon, decided he was a hunter, and before I could do anything about it he attempted to hunt a muffalo and was beaten to death by the herd in retaliation.

And by 'before I could do anything about it' I mean I was dealing with another situation and didn't realize we had a new colonist until he was in need of rescue.

ijm

I'm using 2.5 from Github (I do understand that it's not fully baked yet). I have a weird problem: the doors are all automatically forbidding themselves. When I unforbid one, it immediately forbids itself again. Everything else seems to be alright; this only started after an hour or two of gameplay, when I could start building my own doors. It didn't happen with the doors in the ruins initially, they were all fine the whole time, UNTIL I started building my own doors. Now they're all forbidden. This is game-breaking; I can't do much of anything.

Suggestions?

p.s. Absolutely love the modpack.

Slywyn

Are you using the "Do not disturb" mod? Your colonists might be forbidding the doors to attempt to get privacy before your proper rooms set up.

ijm

Quote from: Slywyn on March 02, 2016, 03:31:36 PM
Are you using the "Do not disturb" mod? Your colonists might be forbidding the doors to attempt to get privacy before your proper rooms set up.

Hmm Maybe. Though it's gone a bit haywire, if so. I'll attach a screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]