Duplicate key

Started by TheVoidDragon, July 15, 2016, 01:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marzouca

I had this issue initially, email support etc, however after 15 mins i then re requested a steam code, this time it sent me a completely different code than the original(that was a duplicate), entered the new one and it worked!

Tynan

Yeah, so far it seems like the system is mixing up sessions.

So one code is assigned to one person, but sent to two people.

So in some cases this will be fixable by just getting another key.

Please let me know how this works for you!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TheVoidDragon

Quote from: Tynan on July 15, 2016, 04:14:39 PM
Yeah, so far it seems like the system is mixing up sessions.

So one code is assigned to one person, but sent to two people.

So in some cases this will be fixable by just getting another key.

Please let me know how this works for you!

Gave me the same key unfortunately.

milon

^ It's possible, after sending a duplication, that the non-intended recipient could use the key to register their Steam game first.  If that happened, I would expect to see the intended recipient get the same key upon retrying, which would again result in the Duplicate Key issue.  That's speculation, of course, and I have no idea what the "fix" is if I'm right, other than a by-hand correction.

Tynan

Quote from: milon on July 15, 2016, 04:56:40 PM
^ It's possible, after sending a duplication, that the non-intended recipient could use the key to register their Steam game first.  If that happened, I would expect to see the intended recipient get the same key upon retrying, which would again result in the Duplicate Key issue.  That's speculation, of course, and I have no idea what the "fix" is if I'm right, other than a by-hand correction.

Yes it does seem to be the case. So far about 50% of people with problems have succeeded on the second try, which is what you'd expect under that theory.

That One Guy6394

So, what do I do if I got a duplicate key and I don't get a new one when I send the email again? I sent an email to [email protected] but have not gotten a reply.

Tynan

Sorry about that. You will get a new key, but the site is getting hammered and there's some tech problems. So I'm gonna have to ask you to play DRM-free for now and we'll get you a key ASAP.

That One Guy6394

Ok. Guess I will try again tomorrow. Thanks for being a great developer <3

globalns

Well, I tried generating 4 times, and got the same key each time.  The key shows up as duplicate in steam.  :(  I know you'll work this out.

Slimm

Running into the same problem. Tried to rerequest and got he same key as the duplicate one. Sent Tynan an email.

Sayshea

After your email tonight I tried it again and it worked - thanks :)

I also want to thank you for the really fast response to every email - like 3-10 minutes is really great and nothing that I expected :)

TheVoidDragon

Got it now, thanks for sorting this out Tynan!

Blagger

Hi there,

I ran in the "duplicate key" problem and tried the mentioned solution (wait 15 minutes and request a key again). But I received the exact same key. Can you help ?

milon

Check the link in my signature if you're still having trouble getting your key.