[1.3.0] Hospitality

Started by Orion, March 13, 2015, 11:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ser Kitteh

I heard about this new feature: friendly neighbours help out around the colony. How does that work? Does that mean their unfinished products can actually be unfinished until the next time they visit? (yes I know you can cancel it)

Orion

Yes. Or you exclude the workbench from the guest area. Or you set the skill requirement high enough.

Faythe

Would be nice if there was a way to make it so the unfinished items could be finished by colonists using the colonists skill.  Or for colonist to be able to unmake an item. I have seen the guests make something that required a lot of skill and cost a good chunk of resources. 

The other thing to note, is there anyway to make it so that plants harvested by guests in the home area would be unforbidden?

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Faythe on December 17, 2017, 10:00:29 PM

The other thing to note, is there anyway to make it so that plants harvested by guests in the home area would be unforbidden?
I think that was fixed on the f version of the mod?

PreDiabetic

Hey Orion is it possible to remove some of factions from visiting? Because I use Jecrell's Rim of Werewolves, when they visit if someone attacks them othe than me they transform into werewolves dropping all their equipments for ME which is bit op as you gain free items. Or sometimes they randomly rage into werewolves killing anything on their path including my pawns.

Edit: Sometimes I'm such an idiot. I didn't think of sending them away. Sorry for wasting time.

Canute

Quote from: PreDiabetic on December 18, 2017, 03:27:49 AM
Hey Orion is it possible to remove some of factions from visiting? Because I use Jecrell's Rim of Werewolves, when they visit if someone attacks them othe than me they transform into werewolves dropping all their equipments for ME which is bit op as you gain free items. Or sometimes they randomly rage into werewolves killing anything on their path including my pawns.

Maybe you should address this to Jecrell.
So werwolfes only carry/equip some pants/t-shirt and no weapons anymore.

Orion

@Faythe: True, but I think that calls for a new mod. You can always cancel an item, which essentially means unmaking it. You can also adjust in the settings what the minimum skill is for a guest to attempt work. Or you can set the minimum crafting skill when you make the bills.
The forbidden harvest was fixed in the latest version.

@PreDiabetic: By making them enemies ;) Or just click on "Send Away" when they show up.

@Canute: I don't think he can fix it on his side. Hospitality adds most items in a visitor's inventory itself, so he wouldn't be able to prevent that.

frenchiveruti

Quote from: Orion on December 18, 2017, 08:34:25 AM
@Canute: I don't think he can fix it on his side. Hospitality adds most items in a visitor's inventory itself, so he wouldn't be able to prevent that.
Is there a way to tell a faction, even when "befriended", can't visit anyway? Like I make a mod for a faction and I don't want them to visit the player as guests, is there a way to make that?

Canute

Quote from: Orion on December 18, 2017, 08:34:25 AM
Maybe, but it's still a problem/issue/feature from werwolfes, that they drop anything on ground when they transform.
When a werwolf got time on a transformation to turn of clothes, so they don't get destroyed. He even should have time to put them into his backpack.
And maybe jecrell can prevent that backpack item's don't get droped on ground anymore.
But that all need to discuss with jecrell, and he isn't very active at the forum anymore since he use discord.

Orion

@frenxhi: Only hidden and hostile factions are excluded. Just like vanilla.

bigheadzach

Orion,

In as much as you can specify the zone in which visitors may freely buy items, how does one go about setting aside a certain amount of one's inventory in a separate zone/stockpile?

For example, I'm running a vodka distillery and I want to sell any and all vodka over the amount I need to keep to manage my main negotiators drinking problem.

Is there a best practice for how to go about setting such an arrangement up, or do I essentially need to take my chances and move anything I want to sell into a stockpile and hope they don't buy it all?

Canute

You know you can set one of your zone as guest zone ?
Then you should create a small stockpile 2x1 or 2x2 with critical priority for the vodka, and exclude this area from the guest allowed zone.
Once this small stockpile is full, the remaining vodka get stored at your main storage is is free to get bought from visitors.

BTAxis

I just got my first guest, and at first everything was fine. She stayed in my guest quarters, slept in a guest room and ate the food she brought.

Then after the first night, that stopped. She didn't eat anything anymore even though she had food in her inventory and there was food in the guest zone, causing her to go into malnutrition. She also wouldn't sleep anymore, letting her sleep need drop to zero.

In the end she left dissatisfied. I'm not sure what's going on.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

Canute

Safe the game.
Enable developer mode, spawn another visitor event, and watch if it happen again.
Check if you got any errors (they should pop up when you got dev. mode activate).
If you got errors, use the share log button, and post the link.

BTAxis

I loaded an autosave that had that guest in it before she "broke", but this time everything went fine. No errors either. I have a suspicion though.

You see the first time around, she was going to eat one of her Packaged Survival Meals, at which point a colonist tried to entertain her. This interrupted the eating job but left the meal, which then got hauled to storage by another colonist. Later, this exact sequence of events happened again with her last remaining PSM.

(My colonists are kind of dicks.)

Anyway, I noticed and sold her back her PSMs (she was out of money anyway so I basically just gave them back), but she wouldn't eat them. Possibly the game didn't consider them as her rations anymore but rather goods to take back home.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"