[12d] [Mod Manager] Rimworld Mod Manager V0.2

Started by codingHahn, February 18, 2016, 02:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codingHahn

Hello folks,
this is a mod manager I made for fun. It's in alpha, so don't expect miracles. It is functional, but only one mod is in the current database :'(. I need volunteering modders to fill the database. The 'Python 3' program runs on Windows, Mac OSX and Linux.

INFO: It is only a console application.

Now I need your help to find bugs and to help out a little.

GitHub:
https://github.com/codingHahn/RimworldModManager/releases/tag/v0.2

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING BREAKS!

BMS

should reserve the top few spots ;)  (ill delete this if i can after you claim them)

And this is quite a task you have set up for yourself.  The only problem I see is some mods require new world generation and your mod manager wont really jive with them being removed.  I guess I could see only adding mods that you can hot swap that dont add new typedefs and there are quite a few but just not sure if this is the path i would have chosen.

Maybe at the end of the day.... a random game maker?  install "all these mods" click random - load mods and new world generation and play a game with .... wood working and... lights and glass or something?
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

codingHahn

It is meant as an download solution. It is not meant as an all-in-one solution. The whole world generation thingy is a little too complicated.
You know CKAN? (From Kerbal Space Program)
I try to aim that. :P