[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

Canute

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on October 29, 2017, 08:24:44 AM
It pains me to write this, but I have to put this mod on hold for now. My situation has changed, I barely have time to do anything on my PC at all, let alone do some gaming or modding.

I hope this will change over the next 2 months, but for now, this mod will remain as is with all faults.
I wouldn't await anything before xmas.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

asquirrel

Thanks for trying Spacedorf!  Well Canute, maybe we will get a late Christmas present from you.  I love this mod.  Especially when mercs crash their ships onto my base and now I'm fighting door to door with them.  :)

Cpt.Ohu

Good news just in time for Christmas:

Swenzi has updated the mod to A18. I will do some more tests and put this version up for download during the week.

asquirrel

Quote from: Cpt.Ohu on December 17, 2017, 03:18:08 AM
Good news just in time for Christmas:

Swenzi has updated the mod to A18. I will do some more tests and put this version up for download during the week.

Good lord man, that is awesome news!! :)

SpaceDorf

Thank you Swenzi and Ohu.

And thank you dear Mod - Fairy )

Just in time to drop by my frenemies riding mutated reindeer

SpaceDorf

I tried the B18 Version, and i destroyed a friendly outpost by landing there.

1.) loaded a dude into a dropship
2.) flew to neighbouring outpost
3.) used trade button : worked
4.) used touch down button : message outpost got destroyed.
5.) the ship landed on the outpost anyway,
6.) the worldmap displayed the icon for a destroyed outpost
7.) the outpost got removed when I left.

8.) Debug Message
Failed to create tale object CaravanAssaultSuccessful with parameters null: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TaleData_Pawn.GenerateFrom (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tale_SinglePawn..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TaleFactory.MakeRawTale (RimWorld.TaleDef def, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.TaleFactory:MakeRawTale(TaleDef, Object[])
RimWorld.TaleRecorder:RecordTale(TaleDef, Object[])
RimWorld.Planet.FactionBaseDefeatUtility:CheckDefeated(FactionBase)
RimWorld.Planet.FactionBase:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObjectsHolder:WorldObjectsHolderTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

==== EDIT ====
9.) Landing at the edge of an enemy outpost worked  as intended  ;D

asquirrel

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 18, 2017, 07:21:22 AM
I tried the B18 Version, and i destroyed a friendly outpost by landing there.

1.) loaded a dude into a dropship
2.) flew to neighbouring outpost
3.) used trade button : worked
4.) used touch down button : message outpost got destroyed.
5.) the ship landed on the outpost anyway,
6.) the worldmap displayed the icon for a destroyed outpost
7.) the outpost got removed when I left.

8.) Debug Message
Failed to create tale object CaravanAssaultSuccessful with parameters null: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.TaleData_Pawn.GenerateFrom (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Tale_SinglePawn..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.Invoke (BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] args, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type type, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.TaleFactory.MakeRawTale (RimWorld.TaleDef def, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.TaleFactory:MakeRawTale(TaleDef, Object[])
RimWorld.TaleRecorder:RecordTale(TaleDef, Object[])
RimWorld.Planet.FactionBaseDefeatUtility:CheckDefeated(FactionBase)
RimWorld.Planet.FactionBase:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldObjectsHolder:WorldObjectsHolderTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

==== EDIT ====
9.) Landing at the edge of an enemy outpost worked  as intended  ;D

I've dealt with worse bugs than that! :)  Could you put the mod up so I could try it please? I'm not going anywhere with those drop pods. 

SpaceDorf

the mod is up on OhU's GitHub, follow the link from the first thread.

I have actually nothing to do with this release. You have to thank Swenzi for that.

asquirrel

Thanks Spacedorf!  I'll check the link out at the beginning of the thread and try the mod out! :)

Err.  You can call me a nitwit but I can't seem to find the B18 release.  I went here -

https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu
and here
https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu/OHU-Dropships
and here
https://github.com/swenzi
googled "swenzi github dropships." No luck.
I sent a message to swenzi on discord but I'm not sure if I'm doing that right.

Gyu

Quote from: asquirrel on December 19, 2017, 01:52:31 PM
Thanks Spacedorf!  I'll check the link out at the beginning of the thread and try the mod out! :)

Err.  You can call me a nitwit but I can't seem to find the B18 release.  I went here -

https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu
and here
https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu/OHU-Dropships
and here
https://github.com/swenzi
googled "swenzi github dropships." No luck.
I sent a message to swenzi on discord but I'm not sure if I'm doing that right.

https://github.com/Cpt-Ohu/OHU-Dropships/tree/A18

Here! I was looking for it too.

SpaceDorf

I seem to have trouble loading my dropship.

As soon as I give the order to load the ship .. assign cargo, assign people and haulers and hit the accept button the game starts loading and does not stop.

Memory seems to be fine, but the game hogs one of my processors and stops reacting.

I could reproduce the error three times

MrWeeGee

Quote from: SpaceDorf on December 19, 2017, 04:41:37 PM
As soon as I give the order to load the ship .. assign cargo, assign people and haulers and hit the accept button the game starts loading and does not stop.

Confirming this issue as well, game freezes just as my pawn starts hauling the first piece of cargo. Thanks for making some headway on the B18 release though!