extreamly poor performance late game

Started by zortan, June 02, 2017, 06:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zortan

steam link : http://steamcommunity.com/app/294100/discussions/0/1291817837622586850/
steam link if anyone even reads anything on steam

I am running a clean game no mods installed
I have 3 pets
I have 8 colonists
I am playing on the normal map size

my game has become unplayble , the FPS drop is so bad that when I go to speed 3 I get around 3 - 9 fps on speed 1 the game runs fine again , any idea on how to speed it up ?

I am running a I7 cpu, 8 gb memory in duel channel and a ATI 390x

ReZpawner

Same issue here, though with slightly more colonists and pets. It's gotten to the point that I've just given up, because I can't play on any other speed than x1.  (i7 4770k (3.9GHz, 16GB RAM.) Game ran beautifully in previous patches.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ReZpawner

Loads, but none of them are active. I use them to exploit the everloving fuck out of your sappers :) (they don't like turrets usually, even when they are unpowered).

Tynan

Can either of you post a savegame? Or email it to me? [email protected].

ReZpawner

Uploading as we speak, takes a bit of time on this dreadful connection (and it's 30MB). Give it a minute or two and I'll link it.

Tynan

Scratch that then. I'm uploading a hotfix to unstable branch. Build 1557.

Please tell me how it affects your perf!

EDIT: Removed some obsolete posts, more info coming...

ReZpawner

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDpirE9xEvAiyzBSgSSpRbGHDZt

At that save, I believe a few caravans are present too. They tend to slow the game down even worse. Oddly enough, during combat it runs perfectly smooth. Absolutely no problems what so ever.

At 1x speed, it runs okay normally. At 2x or higher, you'll see characters jumping from one spot to the other (particularly easy to spot when harvesting crops) I can't detect any difference between 2x and 3x in the speed. (not that much from 1x to 2x either tbh).

Edit: Could you also look into another problem I've been having? I haven't played for two days, and I still have a recurring dream about my colony running out of food (despite having 1600 survival meals as a backup). - 3 nights in a row now.

Tynan

Okay, 1557 is on unstable branch.

Please try it any let me know if it helps with your issues!

ReZpawner

Definitely some improvement. x2 is now fairly playable (even with 21 colonists and a caravan on the map) x3 speed is still having some issues. Updating again in another 5 minutes once carvans are gone.

ReZpawner

Nobody seem to be jumping around the map anymore. It's still a bit slow (particularly on x3 speed), but that could also be because of the size of the colony.
Atleast it's not unplayable at this point.

So, on overall: A definite improvement. Cheers!

ReZpawner

Out of curiosity, Zortan, do you have a lot of animals ?

Also, Rimworld seem to take up 6-8% of the CPU when paused, when nothing is supposed to happen. Seems a bit weird?
Edit: Make that up to 15% of the CPU when paused.
Memory use is also slowly increasing, despite the game being paused with the menu up. Seems to go up by approx 20K per second. (this stopped after about 20 minutes, and is now stationary at 856 628K as it should be while paused).

zortan

greetings

thank you for the replies, I do not have many animals at all and only about 5 turrets

here is my save game : https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fvka572222wv9x/Wankers%20backup.zip?dl=0

yes my colony is called wankers , this is the new game I made and it does the same on all map sizes after I play for a bit that is