Creating my own patches for small errors

Started by Ace_Loves, August 06, 2016, 08:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace_Loves

Hello, I'm facing a small issue with missing object reference ID's. sometimes I will load a modded save to find only a single object reference ID is missing. for example my current issue is the verse.ThingsDef Megascarab_leather is missing. A fresh colony doesn't have the error. the missing ID only became a concern after loading the save after a play session without changing the modlist.

I figure that something like redefining the object ID should be a simple patch I can put together myself. Any guide on how I can go about something like this?

CallMeDio

Im far from being a master on this but I will try to help you
Do you get the error if you create a fresh save without mods and keep reloading it over and over without mods?
If no, what mods are activated when you play reload and get the error?
QuoteYou may need a rubber duck.  Also, try some caveman debugging.

Released mods: No Mood Loss on Prisoner Sold or Died

kaptain_kavern

It usually came from difference between loaded mods during the save and their actual state.

Either a mod has been updated since or you add/remove mods since.

What you can try : load a new game, in dev mode spawn the item and save. open the save and look at his ID and compare with the old save

The ID number is unique to each thing, the game just increments an internal counter for IDs which it combines with the defname to produce a unique ThingID.  Spawning new ones and comparing them to old ones will not yield any useful results.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.