[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCreeper

Quote from: jecrell on June 19, 2017, 10:31:41 AM
Umm... Awesome! Can it be installed in going game?
And can be elder things mod updated to A17?
And is straightjackets mod works properly on A17

SurrealSadi

You can install it into a currently running game, yes. I've done this and it's... interesting.

jecrell

6/22/17

-Changed spider sprites.

-Added new "Cobweb" filth that accompanies cocoons.

-Added new "Egg Sack" sprite and tweaked spider eggs with proper hatchable settings.

-Visitors will no longer be considered on player webs for tamed spiders.

-Reduced melting hiss volume.

-Lowered venom amount for cocoon escapees to avoid giving dimentia.

...Psst. Still there? If you'd like to support
me and my works, do check out my Patreon.
Someday, I could work for RimWorld full time!

https://www.patreon.com/jecrell

SurrealSadi

Jecrell, is there a way to break colonists/pets out of -webs- they get stun-locked into? Before they get assaulted and cocooned? That would be very nice.

Exoray

Quote from: SurrealSadi on June 21, 2017, 01:07:56 PM
Jecrell, is there a way to break colonists/pets out of -webs- they get stun-locked into? Before they get assaulted and cocooned? That would be very nice.

Having the same issue, They get stuck in the web forever unless the web itself is destroyed but there is no option other than to shoot at the colonist trapped and hope they hit the web and kill it.

wreckcelsior

Hey Jecrell... I absolutely love the idea of these mods.  I'm not yet experienced enough to tackle Poe or the cults et al, but am interested in Factions.

I get this error when I try to load your Factions Mod.

https://pastebin.com/2P4MKsAF

cheers.

jecrell

Quote from: Exoray on June 21, 2017, 01:58:24 PM

Having the same issue, They get stuck in the web forever unless the web itself is destroyed but there is no option other than to shoot at the colonist trapped and hope they hit the web and kill it.

Those sound like separate issues.

One is about someone  suggesting a different method of escaping from webs before a spider reaches them to attack.
The other I am not sure. Are we talking about cocoons, Exoray?

If you are suffering from PERMANENT STUNLOCK that is a mod conflict. It is not something that exists in the arachnophobia mod. The arachnophobia mod stuns for a few seconds.

shoppingcartforbrains

SurrealSadi

Quote from: jecrell on June 22, 2017, 08:05:20 PM

One is about someone  suggesting a different method of escaping from webs before a spider reaches them to attack.

If you are suffering from PERMANENT STUNLOCK that is a mod conflict. It is not something that exists in the arachnophobia mod. The arachnophobia mod stuns for a few seconds.
No, it's the webs themselves perma-stunning the colonists, which either makes the colonist starve to death or leaves them to any predator, including the spiders(Can't tell if it makes the spiders ignore them, though. It might). Mod conflict seems a good place to start. I'll have to shut off all my other mods and test. Thanks, Jecrell!

MCreeper

Quote from: shoppingcartforbrains on June 22, 2017, 10:29:29 PM
https://pastebin.com/kYRd3yzN

Getting this error when I try to run the Cult mod, map won't generate.
Didn't installed JecTools? I didn't noriced that cult mod needs it firts time too.  :D

Exoray

Quote from: SurrealSadi on June 23, 2017, 03:16:55 AM
Quote from: jecrell on June 22, 2017, 08:05:20 PM

No, it's the webs themselves perma-stunning the colonists, which either makes the colonist starve to death or leaves them to any predator, including the spiders(Can't tell if it makes the spiders ignore them, though. It might). Mod conflict seems a good place to start. I'll have to shut off all my other mods and test. Thanks, Jecrell!

Yea as explained above, Sorry for lack of info on my post before.
What happened was my colonist got stuck in a web while my other colonists were around and was able to kill all preds/Spiders they stood guard while my guy was stuck in the web, he never got cocooned, He was just perma-stunned, I also use the damage indicator mod and all I could see was a ton of numbers coming up, locking my poor guy in the web.

I do run many mods so it could well be a mod conflict, Im going to go run some tests to see if I can find what is causing it.

Exoray

Ok after testing by turning all mods off then putting them back on 5 at a time I failed to replicate the bug  ???
It could be a mod load order issue but all CoC mods are at the top.

Only thing I have noticed when the bug occurs is that the web is still present on the ground unlike normally the web wraps around them and turns into a stack of silk while the person is trapped, this doesn't happen it seems it gets stuck at the start of the web cycle, Web still present locking whoever touched it in place.

Hope that helps in anyway

Also when the bug occurs turning all other mods off at that point doesn't fix it, they still remain stuck to the ground on the web
Very confusing

jecrell

Arachnophobia Update

6/23/17
Update 1.17.1.1

(General Changes)
-add Russian translation from i'm sorry ;)

(Web Changes)
-rewrote web code to avoid potential conflicts to create perma-stunlock
-added clearer information to the web inspect panel
-webs no longer "build" -- and they now properly overlay over other objects

(Cocoon Changes)
-made cocoons haulable
-cocoons are now in stockpile menus
-reduced cobweb spawning radius slightly
-added clearer information to the cocoon inspect panel
-when escaped from, cocoons now make cobweb filth instead of slime

(Spider Changes)
-spiders will now haul cocoons to / away from player stockpiles depending on their faction
-further reduced the hiss volume
-fixed spider queen diets
-set the proper faction of the spiderlings from the queen's deathworker

Exoray

That update has fixed the problem

Thank you jecrell for your work, absolutely amazing

DraggyW

Thank you for your wonderful mods. Today I have come across a game-breaking bug with your spider mod. Short log is here https://pastebin.com/KbU6rXsU.
To recreate it, have a colonist steal a corpse that a spider is currently spinning (like order pawn to consume the corpse, they will carry it in their inventory). After a few seconds, errors show up (as above in the pastebin), and the pawn is unable to carry anything, it cannot drop the corpse at all and will eventually spam errors (that will screw up the GUI.)