[1.4] Call of Cthulhu - Rim of Madness Expansion Pack (10/21/2022)

Started by jecrell, September 14, 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Yep you right.
But what kind of animals does at the cave biome spawns normaly ? Or just cave flora ?

Oblitus

Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2017, 07:12:17 AM
Yep you right.
But what kind of animals does at the cave biome spawns normaly ? Or just cave flora ?
Mostly predators and omnivores.

<wildAnimals>
      <Rat>3</Rat>
      <Megascarab>2</Megascarab>
      <Boomrat>1.5</Boomrat>
      <Spelopede>1.2</Spelopede>
      <Warg>0.5</Warg>
      <Megasloth>0.4</Megasloth>
      <GrizzlyBear>0.3</GrizzlyBear>
      <Squirrel>0.2</Squirrel>
      <Tortoise>0.2</Tortoise>
      <Lynx>0.2</Lynx>
      <WildBoar>0.1</WildBoar>
      <Cobra>0.05</Cobra>
      <Raccoon>0.03</Raccoon>
</wildAnimals>

InfinityKage

I'm not sure if you are looking for bug reports on your Werewolf mod or not but it seems as though the body of a werewolf can't be butchered. They take it to the butcher table and go through the process but then at the end they take him off the table and put him back on the table and start over. Just keeps repeating.

P.S. What is the actual idea behind the werewolf? Do they become controllable later or? I'm just wondering why someone would start with that trait. As it seems they just hulk out and fuck your people up.

Onasaki

Quote from: Oblitus on August 16, 2017, 06:17:28 AM
Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2017, 03:16:35 AM
Ofcourse spiders don't spawn inside caves.
Normaly they don't have any prey insides caves, and they would starve inside caves, since all non-insect animal spawn outside.
I think you've missed a point. Cave biome != cave on map. Cave biome is type of map. And spiders probably don't spawn there, as well as other mod animals, since spawn chances are per-biome.

It sounds like someone's never played Skyrim, or read anything Lord of the Rings related, 'cause giant spiders would probably have a ball inside of a cave biome. It's actually very scientific that spiders exist in ANY kind of biome, caves, forests, deserts, etc. They're pretty much all over the place. And if what Oblitus says is true, then yeah, I need to add them to the spawn list.

How could I do that myself?
I have two forces by my side;
One's the truth and one's a lie;
Which one's which I cannot tell;
This enigma is my hell.

Ratvar

Quote from: InfinityKage on August 16, 2017, 07:35:53 PM
I'm not sure if you are looking for bug reports on your Werewolf mod or not but it seems as though the body of a werewolf can't be butchered. They take it to the butcher table and go through the process but then at the end they take him off the table and put him back on the table and start over. Just keeps repeating.

P.S. What is the actual idea behind the werewolf? Do they become controllable later or? I'm just wondering why someone would start with that trait. As it seems they just hulk out and fuck your people up.
Quote from: jecrell on August 04, 2017, 12:58:13 PM
Currently, in the Werewolf build I'm running, Werewolves are still considered humanoid by the game's logic.
However, they no longer have the vanilla AI when in their fury.
During a Werewolf fury, Werewolves take on a special blended code similarly to a raider and a manhunter mixed together with a special emphasis on killing targets rather than sparing lives.
They will find the nearest humanoid target, and smash through all the doors they can to get them.
A werewolf fury will only last for a limited time, however, before fading away and returning the colonist to normalcy.

[EDIT]
Note: Fury mode is something that occurs only once. Unblooded Werewolves, when in the presence of a full moon for the first time, will transform and go into a fury mode. After this, a Werewolf can transform into a single unlocked form at will for limited bursts of time. Players can toggle to disable further furies during a full moon in the button list next to the draft button for a character. However, if characters want to "level up" their werewolf powers or gain more forms, they must enable fury. This can create a nice gameplay situation where players should build Werewolf cells to lock up their wolves during full moons to level up their powers.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Onasaki on August 16, 2017, 07:57:01 PM
Quote from: Oblitus on August 16, 2017, 06:17:28 AM
Quote from: Canute on August 16, 2017, 03:16:35 AM
Ofcourse spiders don't spawn inside caves.
Normaly they don't have any prey insides caves, and they would starve inside caves, since all non-insect animal spawn outside.
I think you've missed a point. Cave biome != cave on map. Cave biome is type of map. And spiders probably don't spawn there, as well as other mod animals, since spawn chances are per-biome.

It sounds like someone's never played Skyrim, or read anything Lord of the Rings related, 'cause giant spiders would probably have a ball inside of a cave biome. It's actually very scientific that spiders exist in ANY kind of biome, caves, forests, deserts, etc. They're pretty much all over the place. And if what Oblitus says is true, then yeah, I need to add them to the spawn list.

How could I do that myself?

Can you spawn in a spider queen with Dev Mode? You'll have a colony of spiders in no time.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Ratvar on August 16, 2017, 08:21:01 PM

Quote from: jecrell on August 04, 2017, 12:58:13 PM
Currently, in the Werewolf build I'm running, Werewolves are still considered humanoid by the game's logic.
However, they no longer have the vanilla AI when in their fury.
During a Werewolf fury, Werewolves take on a special blended code similarly to a raider and a manhunter mixed together with a special emphasis on killing targets rather than sparing lives.
They will find the nearest humanoid target, and smash through all the doors they can to get them.
A werewolf fury will only last for a limited time, however, before fading away and returning the colonist to normalcy.

[EDIT]
Note: Fury mode is something that occurs only once. Unblooded Werewolves, when in the presence of a full moon for the first time, will transform and go into a fury mode. After this, a Werewolf can transform into a single unlocked form at will for limited bursts of time. Players can toggle to disable further furies during a full moon in the button list next to the draft button for a character. However, if characters want to "level up" their werewolf powers or gain more forms, they must enable fury. This can create a nice gameplay situation where players should build Werewolf cells to lock up their wolves during full moons to level up their powers.

Oh. I did not see that. I'm blind as a bat. Thanks mate.

Canute

Do you use Robots++, special the kitchen bot to butcher ?
I got a similar behavior with other humanoid corpses before, when the kitchen bot tryed to butcher them.

Canute

jecrell,
i think some werwolfs got trouble with the simplesidearm mod.
After activation the werwolf skills the UI stoped working.
Not allways, i can't reproduce it at moment, but it happen now 2-3 times. I needed to alt-f4 rimworld, because i couldn't access the menu anymore.

Latest error i got from output_log.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SimpleSidearms.utilities.GettersFilters.getWeaponLists (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>&,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>&,Verse.Pawn_InventoryTracker) <0x00083>
at SimpleSidearms.intercepts.Pawn_GetGizmos_Postfix.GetGizmos (Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>&) <0x00084>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.GetGizmos_Patch3 (object) <0x00061>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x00150>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Lennbolt7

Quote from: Canute on August 17, 2017, 10:10:18 AM
jecrell,
i think some werwolfs got trouble with the simplesidearm mod.
After activation the werwolf skills the UI stoped working.
Not allways, i can't reproduce it at moment, but it happen now 2-3 times. I needed to alt-f4 rimworld, because i couldn't access the menu anymore.

Latest error i got from output_log.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at SimpleSidearms.utilities.GettersFilters.getWeaponLists (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>&,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>&,Verse.Pawn_InventoryTracker) <0x00083>
at SimpleSidearms.intercepts.Pawn_GetGizmos_Postfix.GetGizmos (Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Gizmo>&) <0x00084>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Pawn.GetGizmos_Patch3 (object) <0x00061>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.InspectGizmoGrid.DrawInspectGizmoGridFor_Patch0 (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<object>) <0x00150>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.DrawInspectGizmos () <0x0003e>
at RimWorld.InspectPaneUtility.ExtraOnGUI (RimWorld.IInspectPane) <0x00062>
at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Inspect.ExtraOnGUI () <0x00014>
at Verse.WindowStack.WindowStackOnGUI () <0x00065>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x000d7>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000c6>

Same here. Had a werewolf transform and they lost the ability to drop their weapon through the gear menu or the ui added by the sidearm mod. Even the werewolf form was forced to use that weapon. Any attempt to swap weapons with a sidearm or weapon lying on the ground resulted in the intended replacment being lost. The only thing that worked is selecting the pawn itself and pressing the drop weapon button. After doing this one I found no further issue with this. however another thing I ran into is full moon rage breaking on 3x speed. The werewolf goes through every transformation, lagging the game significantly and does not seem to end.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Canute on August 17, 2017, 03:43:40 AM
Do you use Robots++, special the kitchen bot to butcher ?
I got a similar behavior with other humanoid corpses before, when the kitchen bot tryed to butcher them.

You know what? I was using a KitchenBot. So I guess that's a different issue.

Dragoon

If I can make a suggestion add a red warning and a timer to let us know when someone is going to change the whole, full moon imminent thing does not help. Also, I found that werewolves will stop their assault to meditate. I was wondering what do you plan for us to implement, that will allow us, to better stop them from escaping?

Also do you plan to have wandering werewolves?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Canute

Another Spam-error, happen on full moon transformation.
I imprison the werwolf candidates into seperates room and look the entrance with wood walls if that made a different.
One of them cause the error
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Werewolf.CompWerewolf.UnloadEquipmentIntoInventory () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Werewolf.CompWerewolf.ControlledTransformation (Werewolf.WerewolfForm form, Boolean moonTransformation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Werewolf.CompWerewolf.RandomTransformation (Boolean moonTransformation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Werewolf.GameCondition_FullMoon.GameConditionTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.GameConditionManager.GameConditionManagerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.World.WorldPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

And two suggestion:
Werwolfes are shapeshifter, they got control (more or less) over their body.
They should heal a bit at each transformation, or when they are at full health, remove a scar or a age related illness.

When someone entangle at a spider web you get a msg. it would be nice if you could click at the msg. to jump to that situation.

Dragoon

Can we do anything with the trees? I have 2 at my base.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Luckspeare