[1.0] Mend And Recycle

Started by notfood, August 06, 2016, 09:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notfood

It's in the git. Needs MFO to run with no red errors but can work fine without.

RickyMartini

RickyMartini

That's looks incredible, thanks

Telarin

Quote from: notfood on January 03, 2017, 09:43:59 PM

• Removed Mending.SpecialThingFilterWorker, to recover your save use Safe Inside, can be found on steam or Mending thread. New saves don't have to do anything.

Can you elaborate on this? I'm definitely seeing an error related to this on load, but have no idea what Safe Inside is, or how to use it to recover my save. I don't see anything when doing a search of this forum for "Safe Inside" other than this thread.

notfood

Just install it. The feature that was removed was put in that mod and it's bugless.

Thyme

Mending an item removes the D. Intentional?

I'd rather have it not do that. Currently doing tundra and anticipated the substitute of textile income through recycling (no animals to hunt!), but it doesn't pay off to recycle perfectly fine apparel.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

swatti

Would it be possible to make a "repair bench" compatible addon that can "wash off" the dead-mans-gear from such?

Canute

Hmm, last time i used it, the "D" flag got removed after a mending.

Or do you want a mending bench that don't remove the "D" ? But that would be unlogical, why should a 100% appearal marked with "D" when you removed all the shooting holes and wash off the blood ?

sixstar

Sorry if this is a noob question, but for some reason i can't seem to get the mod to load at all on a pre-existing save. Some previous posts have said that nothing is required at all to use the mod, besides to just place it in the proper folder. I have A16, and a few other mods on a previous save, however every time i load "mending" i get the "mods mismatch. this file was saved with a different set of mods than those we are currently running... etc" error screen. Doesn't matter where i put it in the order list. Other mods i have loaded with a previous save that were "plug and play" worked with no problem.

Pichu0102

Quote from: sixstar on February 18, 2017, 11:49:32 PM
Sorry if this is a noob question, but for some reason i can't seem to get the mod to load at all on a pre-existing save. Some previous posts have said that nothing is required at all to use the mod, besides to just place it in the proper folder. I have A16, and a few other mods on a previous save, however every time i load "mending" i get the "mods mismatch. this file was saved with a different set of mods than those we are currently running... etc" error screen. Doesn't matter where i put it in the order list. Other mods i have loaded with a previous save that were "plug and play" worked with no problem.
Your save probably has a pawn trying to do a broken pawn. You can confirm this by turning on dev mode in settings, loading the save, then after it fails to load, open the debug console. You'll see an error there. Usually it's something related to a pawn doing a job incorrectly and the save fails to load. If you know how, you can graft an idle pawn's job onto the bugged out pawn by editing the save file, but if you aren't comfortable with doing that, try loading an earlier save instead.
If the error message isn't a pawn job problem, then I've no clue, sorry.

sixstar

Quote from: Pichu0102 on February 19, 2017, 12:38:46 AM
Your save probably has a pawn trying to do a broken pawn. You can confirm this by turning on dev mode in settings, loading the save, then after it fails to load, open the debug console. You'll see an error there. Usually it's something related to a pawn doing a job incorrectly and the save fails to load. If you know how, you can graft an idle pawn's job onto the bugged out pawn by editing the save file, but if you aren't comfortable with doing that, try loading an earlier save instead.

I don't think it has anything to do with a pawn job problem. The error says this:

~~~~
Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority, Int32 hour) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef worktype, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings._SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef w, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings.Disable (Verse.WorkTypeDef w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.CheckForDisabledTypes (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.ExposeData (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()
~~~~

At first it seemed like the mod was incompatible with fluffy's mods or Hospitality, so i disabled them to see if it would load Mending... and still no load.

Pichu0102

Quote from: sixstar on February 19, 2017, 01:45:13 AM
Quote from: Pichu0102 on February 19, 2017, 12:38:46 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with a pawn job problem. The error says this:

~~~~
Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority, Int32 hour) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef worktype, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings._SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef w, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings.Disable (Verse.WorkTypeDef w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.CheckForDisabledTypes (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.ExposeData (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()
~~~~

At first it seemed like the mod was incompatible with fluffy's mods or Hospitality, so i disabled them to see if it would load Mending... and still no load.
I think I may know what is wrong, somewhat, but unfortunately, I can't think of a way to fix it very easily, and the long fix I'm thinking of (manually editing pawn work priorities somewhere in the fluffy worktab component in the save) is way too long and may not even work. But I'm thinking Fluffy's Worktab's enhanced work priorities aren't registering the two new Mending jobs correctly, leaving the worktab trying to find the priorities of two more jobs and, uh, not finding it, then panicking. This is mostly guesswork since I haven't really used worktab much but it given how vanilla stores work priorities (just an ordered number list, doesn't actually reference worktype names, lets the game figure it out on load), I'd guess worktab does something similar, which is where it might mess up.

Canute

Fluffy's work tab cause some trouble with some other mods but not with mending and that should be solved with the latest version.
And i don't got problems either with mending + hospitality.
All 3  (mending,work tab, hospitality) are allways part of my default mods and never encounter problems.

You should keep on the dev. mode and play a few days and look if there are some errors during normal gameplay.
Or try to load some older save with mending.

If nothing works. Then you need to play without it or start a new colony.

FreyaMaluk

@notfood can you please include the "normal" version... with repair kits??