Prevent stuff from being dropped in doorways

Started by Crow_T, August 07, 2017, 07:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow_T

This has happened to me multiple times already- a raid/animal attack happens and someone has left something, eg a bucket of milk or basket of rice, in the frickin' doorway propping it open. Suddenly you have a gaping hole in your defenses. It'd be nice to have doorways as areas where nothing ever gets dropped, I'd take the occasional overflow inconvenience over security issues.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

O Negative

I 100% agree. I understand how feasible it is for things to be dropped in doorways, but it causes a huge problem for colony's that are struggling to survive. I can't say I've ever lost a colony to an open door, but I've definitely had one set my progress back quite a bit by expiring a bunch of food I thought was being cooled properly...

Trylobyte

I once had a massive prison break occur because someone dropped a meal in the front door of the prison.  The fact they dropped it because I'd drafted them to fight a raid should tell you how interesting things got after that.

SpaceDorf

<irony> Oh no .. this would also prevent the exploit of incapacitaded pawns or animals in doorways !!! </irony>

=== EDIT ===

added tags .. sorry . .
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.