We make bad suggestions and come up with horrible ideas.

Started by Eric, January 03, 2017, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyme

It's interesting how so many of the last posts have been about cats ... and they're all good!!

*a dog person
(by a small margin)
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

O Negative

Quote from: Kegereneku on February 06, 2017, 01:06:18 PM
Horrible suggestion : Your pawn can sometime step on their smalls pet (or the reverse if the pet is a bear or buffalo)

Make sure the game plays the heart-breaking [animal] injured noise when this happens.
Surefire way to lower player moral :D

Ace_livion

whenever a raid starts, the game should start playing some Heavy dubstep music.
to make it feel more intense... the music should of cause also be affected by the game speed.

Also make a Deep Fryer.
it works like the Nutrient paste dispenser
but make Simple / Fine meal and give people obesity as a long term effect.

Ace_livion

if you have multiple colonists whit a alcohol addiction. they should be able to form a AA group.

CiceroThePoet

A system in which you don't actually own any of the silver but it's placed in a Colony treasury, based on the taxes you acquire from various pawns which "sell" their products in stores to other pawns who need the products to create their resources which they trade with other pawns forming a complex but functioning economic system in which your colony operates subjected to the value of other factions economies and trade values thusly giving a general value to your currency.

You can tax your pawns all you want to their purchases, but one you get to high it creates a moodlet debuff which gets worse and worse as time goes one which eventually leads to a revolution between the loyalists and the separatists which culminates in the burning of everything otherwise. The raiders also just watch.

Pure

Fog of war: You don't see the whole map, only where your Colonists are - so no animals to hunt / tame, no enemys, minerals to mine

Actually on a second thought, if colonist can see like a screen wide and you can build watchtowers or so to see, that isn't that bad idea

O Negative

Quote from: Pure on February 07, 2017, 09:40:16 AM
Fog of war: You don't see the whole map, only where your Colonists are - so no animals to hunt / tame, no enemys, minerals to mine

Actually on a second thought, if colonist can see like a screen wide and you can build watchtowers or so to see, that isn't that bad idea

There's an unfinished mod that does this, and it's great for immersion. You get notified as to where raids and mad animals are coming from, but you only have a general idea as to what the event involves. You don't know how big the raid is until they've reached your front door. Only problem is the constant updating of the visible tiles. It bugs my eyes a bit.

Kegereneku

I have better (by that I mean worse) than Fog of War. I call it the Principle of Uncertainty

You can see everything to excruciating detail, except your colonist and around them.
Yes that's a reverse FoW.
You can still place structure, give order, draft. But your colonist are absolute unknown. You can't know their look, their stats or what they are wearing or if their are sick directly, the closer you get the less you know.

I'm a genius !
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Thyme

Have fun enjoying quantum physics when that gets implemented, it sounds a lot like Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.
I'm from Austria. If I offend you, it's usually inadvertently.
Snowmen army, Chemfuel Generator, Electric Stonecutting, Smelting Tweak

SpaceDorf

By Tynans Lore the Rimworlds have bombed themselves back into the stonage again and again.
This is the argument for the steel, plaststeel and of course the component deposits

What such a war leaves also behind is lots and lots of Unexploded Ordonance and Toxic Waste of some kind.

Lets put those on the map.   Hidden IEDs, Bombs in the Mountains to disarm, Storage Bunkers for Nuclear Waste and Pools of Toxic Water.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Limdood

separate stacks for all possible meal contents and durations-until-spoiling

no more stacking meals unless they are somehow created in exactly the same tick using exactly the same ingredients.

XeronX

Allow no deleting or editing of any posts in this thread so if any of these "Suggestions" show up in A17 we can come back and find out exactly who we have to thank for them...

(Grabs Plasteel spiked club)

Thirite

Random pop-ups in game that ask you if you are having fun or not. If you select "No" the game will begin sending you passive aggressive notifications,
"Well if you're not having fun why don't you just stop playing?",
"Lots of other people like this game.",
"Maybe you should play something more to your speed, like Solitaire or Bejeweled instead."

XeronX

Add a 10% chance each pawn gets a hidden Fourth trait.

Why does my Sanguine, Industrious, Jogger keep lighting my base on fire dammit???

Limdood

allow pirates to spawn with psychic insanity and psychic shock lances.

Unavoidable instant berserk or downed + possible brain damage...in the interest of fairness of course, we can do it to them after all :p