Raiding other Factions?

Started by milkybarkid175, September 14, 2015, 07:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkybarkid175

Just thinking that It'd be cool to be able to raid the bases of other Factions, just like they can raid ours... capture them, steal their stuff etc?

Anyone else thought about this and developed their ideas further?

Thane

This is a very oft suggested feature. Take a look at that suggested features page :D. Though I would only take this feature if you have only one shot at the raid. No reloads your raiders live, or die based on your decisions no possibility of save scum temptation.
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Psyckosama

Quote from: Thane on September 14, 2015, 04:30:32 PM
This is a very oft suggested feature. Take a look at that suggested features page :D. Though I would only take this feature if you have only one shot at the raid. No reloads your raiders live, or die based on your decisions no possibility of save scum temptation.

Yeah, I know your type...

Toggle

Considering the resources other factions spend on murdering you, you would not want to be raiding their home base.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

CB elite

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 15, 2015, 12:10:40 AM
Considering the resources other factions spend on murdering you, you would not want to be raiding their home base.

I can only imagine the population density of other factions' bases ._.

Toggle

Other factions bases would be way too laggy if your computer isn't very good... they would probably literally take up one of the biggest biome map sizes with resources, rooms, people...

Thane

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 15, 2015, 12:10:40 AM

You assume we would be raiding their main base. That would give us the possibility of eliminating them and that is no good for gameplay, as eventually you could be alone on the rimworld facing only mechs if you are a beast at micro.

I would think a colony of standard size would be raiding outposts, outlying farms and mining camps, I mean even pirates need their steel :D. The population might be around 10-40 pawns dependent on the type of outpost and it's proximity to the main base.

This would add even more tension, because if one of the people from these bases survive you may get a ROUS (raid of unusual size) in retaliation! Again I just think that there should be a hardcore mode for these raids because it would be such cheese going raiding with your first colonists and being able to walk away with colonists and great loot!
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

Toggle

Remember, they take up only one biome. So if you attack the 'farm', their entire force will destroy you before you can loot it.

JimmyAgnt007

Quote from: Psyckosama on September 14, 2015, 05:24:14 PM
Yeah, I know your type...

No need to attack people like that.  It is a very often suggested feature and we are tired of it getting repeated.  Not because we dont want the feature.  Most of whats on the list is stuff a lot of us want.

Toggle

Yeah, it's actually a rule to check and see if other people posted about it...