No
2 (20%)
Hell no, cats D:
2 (20%)
No opinion.
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Nekomimi

Tynan said it's good idea for thread, so why not.
Quote from: Tynan on May 21, 2015, 06:06:53 PM
If new races are put in the game they'll be xenohumans or trans-animals.

Think:
-People engineered/evolved to live on super high gravity planets. In tunnels. Dorfs?
-People engineered for gladiatorial fights (super strong brutes)
-People engineered for decision-making
-Half-gorilla half-human hybrid with a gun
-And so on

In my opinion it would be great idea to add option of harvesting parts from "shocked" animals and using them on human.
- Let's go TF2-style and give an baboon heart in order to increase blood flow (I believe it helps with diseases)
- Or just make them have hearts of rabbits. Less efficient, but still better than your [Crushed - 1/10] heart.
- So. Many. Options. Some animals have better eyes than we do. Or are faster.
- Cat ears. Cat tail. Bonus to hearing, bonus to movement, if both are combined maybe bonus to social skills.
- Traits like zoo-phobia and zoo-philia (ok, we srsly need other name for second one). First reiceve abrasive-like debuff if talked to person with zoological implants. Second one give mood boost after such talk.
Have you fell here from the sky
Have you been trapped under stone
We're all glad that you survive
This is now your only home

Born in the primitive tribe
Joined the pirates in their cove
The past doesn't matter now
The Vault Seven is your home

kingtyris

I like the idea of animal human hybrids in the game. I even like the idea of creating your own Frankenstein creatures out of animal and corpse parts.

But I don't think the Moreau style vivisection fits into the setting of the game. The hybrids would make a great existing faction, but your role is to build a self sufficient colony for survival. I think it would make a great mod, though.

Adamiks

In real life you can't just attach some shit to your body. Sometimes you can't even install humans organs on another human! Sometimes our bodies just don't treat foreign parts like ours. Try to install rabbit heart on human. Death of organ guaranteed.

Nekomimi

Quote from: Adamiks on May 24, 2015, 08:26:54 AM
In real life you can't just attach some shit to your body. Sometimes you can't even install humans organs on another human! Sometimes our bodies just don't treat foreign parts like ours. Try to install rabbit heart on human. Death of organ guaranteed.
Luckily, this is not real life. With good medic you have 100% of body accepting new part. Probably thanks to Xerigium and medicines special effects.
Have you fell here from the sky
Have you been trapped under stone
We're all glad that you survive
This is now your only home

Born in the primitive tribe
Joined the pirates in their cove
The past doesn't matter now
The Vault Seven is your home

Adamiks

Quote from: Nekomimi on May 24, 2015, 10:48:02 AM
Quote from: Adamiks on May 24, 2015, 08:26:54 AM
Luckily, this is not real life. With good medic you have 100% of body accepting new part. Probably thanks to Xerigium and medicines special effects.

Yep, but we're talking about human organs not animals organs. Human with other animals organs is a 100% fiction and (this is most important!) this don't make any sense. Human with rabbit heart? Ok, if we're go in that way why i can't have colonist made of 10 raiders? Like you see this is just shitty idea.

Frankenbeasley

They transplanted a baboon heart into a baby in the eighties, though, and she survived 20 days or so. In all likelihood, we'll be using pigs to grow human-compatible organs in the next 20 to 30 years. How far that science would have advanced in the time it would take humans to seed the galaxy and become glitterworldly is unknowable, of course, but I don't think it at all unlikely that hybridisation would be possible.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

Kegereneku

+1
Considering the wide range of civilization we could have in Rimworld, I totally support that idea.
However it wouldn't feel right to do it like any surgery, I'm thinking that we could use a more high-tech surgery table / modification-chambers, stuff that would use Glitterworld medicine.

But hey, don't mind me trying to sell you another idea.
** leave to write some transhuman ending suggestion **
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

billycop32

+1
we are talking about humans who have mastered(?) space travel for some time and have glitter worlds. nothing is impossible >.>