Pawns stargazing together

Started by Noctis, September 06, 2016, 11:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noctis

And for that matter, engaging in any joy activity together.  It'd be a very humanizing touch if pawns preferred to engage in joy activities together, especially if the pawns have a high opinion of each other.  This could lead to vignettes like a husband and wife lying side by side stargazing, or two friends playing chess or billiards.

The game is full of emergent humanizing moments, and a preference to play or relax together would be an easy way to produce a whole lot more of those moments.

Serenity

I had certainly expected more chess and billiards games between pawns. But mostly they play in their own.

The strangest thing is pawns sitting alone at a table and "relaxing socially"

Noctis

Yeah, the "forever alone" social relaxation gets me every time.  Surely there's an easy way to make joy-seeking pawns prioritize doing joy activities adjacent to each other, where they can talk and build rapport.  It'd make the colony seem even more alive, I think.

eisenkrote

I just started a game where one of my colonists is a "night owl." I thought it'd be cool to have someone "on-shift" the whole time, so I set his work hours to when the others were sleeping. I split his sleep time so he would engage in "joy" activities at the same time as the other colonists. Little did I know, it wouldn't matter either way.

cultist

Setting dedicated joy time does help a bit in making colonists socialize more, especially if you keep all your joy items in the same room.

But I agree with the OP, shared joy activites are one of those small things that could greatly humanize the pawns if implemented.

Lightzy

Also if two pawns are stargazing together they always do sex afterwards. Even if they're two hetero guys or whatever.

Noctis

It's not gay if two bros do it while stargazing - it's just expected.