RimDrugs. Recommendations for 15!

Started by Ramsis, August 11, 2016, 03:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

i think game needs some form of detox procedures. ie : maybe a new type of nutrient paste from the dispenser can have detoxing effects or whatever.

-limitless : a drug that lets the user have faster learning capacity (as if they have 2xpassion for every skill). they suffer consciousness penalties for a few hours when it wears off. detoxes after a day.

-adrenaline shot : can be carried in inventory. (can be administered to self) when used on incapacitated pawns, this temporarily cancels their current incapacitation for 1 hour. but increases hunger and tiredness of the pawn. this basically allows incapped pawns capable of movement to run to safety when the coast is clear.

Edixo

Just regular painkillers. Acetylsalicylic acid from Willow bark. You grow Willow trees which nets the bark and a bit of wood, and the painkillers removes pain from chronically damaged pawns.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

Rafe009

Quote from: TheEisbaer on August 11, 2016, 03:33:41 PM
- Krokodil or Desomorphine > eat flesh of user

Worst drug on the face of earth.. I guess you might only resort to it if there was some sort of catastrophic lack of availability of some other drug but god is that compound horrible. Google pictures of it's effects if  you dare.

My consideration is more for A16 rather than A 15 as Tynaan stated he will release a means to target an item with pawn A and have Pawn A and apply that item to pawn B. I would say giving pawns the ability to sedate other pawns that are panicked would be cool.

Also b0rsuk already beat me too it but Spice which gives the afflicted pawn some precognition enabling them to predict a raid or some sort of random event. However i think it should, over time, enfeeble and weaken the pawn rather than enhance physical performance since we already have go-juice.

Icarus

How about LSD and forcefeeding drugs to prisoners?
Pros:
-Increased chance to recruit prisoner (as prisoner, when taken as prisoner, obviously)
-Giant mood increase
-Hard to overdose, non-lethal overdose
Cons:
-Small chance to go berserk/dazed while under effect
-Consciousness jumps from 20%max to 80%max randomly
-Giant debuff to manipulation, talking, hearing and sight
-Builds tolerance really quick

mumblemumble

Berserker pack syringes (inspired from doom series, and hideous destructor mod, which I love greatly) - a military developed chemical used to turn ordinary men into killing machines, and save dying marines

-Tripled melee damage from strikes, and quadruples damage on melee item per use.
-Higher movement speed, boosts of all stats across the board, and a near immunity to pain
-Gaurentees mental break when high WILL be berserk, also raises mental break threshold temporarily, so its mentally destabilizing, and very scary to administer, due to risk of them turning.
-Regeneration from wounds is quadrupled, shots will heal up almost mid battle from intensified regeneration of bodies cells during the high.
-High lasts for maybe a few hours, not much longer than a normal battle would.
-Coming off the high has a debilitating crash, ending with huge feelings of lethargy, lowered consciousness, lowered physical ability, and all the pain of wounds crashing down on the user for a while, until they rebound, and get medical treatment.
-Addiction would make users very irritable, weak, and prone to health issues as well, perhaps continued use causing heart failure, or cancer.

Flesh mend - Pills developed in the glitter-world  as a general "cure all" medication. very expensive for off worlders, but invaluable for its versatility.

-Pill causes passive regeneration in the user, nowhere near as much as the experimental military berserk, but can be used to compliment medical treatment.
-Pill causes wounds to heal faster, boosts blood filtration, has slim chance to repair scars, or even issues like badback with enough time, pills, and luck. Perhaps an EXTREMELY low chance to regrow entire organs
-Pills make the user weaker, less conscious, more susceptible to pain slightly, and makes the body weaker to damage in general due to the body putting all efforts into building, making the body weaker, and squishier during that time. Also has a slight soothing effect on the user, helping to push past pain, and make hospital visits better.
-Addiction would lower the immune system drastically, make wound recovery harder and very slow, and make the user far less influenced by pain when addicted and withdrawing, and has a boosted chance for scars from messed up healing, slightly agitated by addiction taking a mood hit

Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Jstank

Well we could start with wild heal root. Getting early game meds is tough if you don't start with any.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux